United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Channel Switching Services
Job Type: Permanent
- Our ideal candidate must have experience troubleshooting, monitoring, maintenance, and administration of ACI Postilion (Front End Processor) Switch as well as ensure 100% uptime.
- Must be knowledgeable in the card business, e-channel, and payment technologies, and have the ability to analyze card performance reports and monitor transaction patterns to ensure optimal transaction processing.
- Resolve and manage projects on the various card platforms and solutions.
- To manage the bank’s card related applications and ensure 100% uptime.
- Proactive routine maintenance of application servers (FEP/CRM/TAMs/BDLite/Kimono).
- Implement short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure system capacity meets existing and future business requirements.
- Assist in installing, testing, and debugging documenting applications using appropriate tools.
- Daily systems check to be carried out and documented.
- Drive compliance with agreed service level agreements with business units and external service providers.
- Holding quarterly meetings with application vendors to review performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Liaise with systems experts/OEMs on Hardware and Software that affect their platforms and its availability.
- Document and maintain operational policies, procedures, and associated training plans for team members.
- Maintain zero level of escalation of issues by promptly addressing challenges either identified or brought to your attention by stakeholders cum team.
- Daily backup of all channels must be ensured and also demonstrate and show proof of data restore capability.
- Liaise with GPVM to coordinate the negotiation with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure- Banking specific products and services.
- Track Project Management deliverables to ensure all milestones are delivered and the project remains on track.
- Ensure timely development and deployment of innovative solutions for the unit.
- Ensure that vendor related projects are monitored strictly to meet set deadlines.
- Engage stakeholders to understand requirements when developing solutions for the various units.
- Identify areas of improvement bothering on products, applications, and services within the team’s support.
- Income and revenue tracking.
- Monitor fraud prevention solutions across all collections and remittance platforms.
- Ensure all income is configured properly at set-up and captured for all Collections and remittance products.
- Analysis of card performance report to study and monitor transaction patterns to ensure optimal transaction processing.
- Provide Performance reporting and analytics (Count. Volume and Revenue).
- Analyse and interpret customer behaviours and patterns to increase retention.
- Daily/weekly regional switch transaction report to monitor the acceptable level of transaction declines. (Functional – 15% & Technical – 5%).
- Weekly review and reporting of projects, Issues and collection mandates.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Card Performance Report.
- Group Digital Banking Monthly Transaction Processing Report.
- Review daily transaction status reports identifying reasons for failures and ways to avoid them.
- Provide AD HOC reports when required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of related work experience.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Payments industry trends
- Card business and innovation
- Project coordination skills, including organizing, prioritizing and tracking all phases of a project.
- Trend monitoring for transactions performed on the various card platforms & solutions
- E-Channel/Payment technologies
- Relational Database management
- Relationship Management
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong Oral and Written Communication
- Results orientation
- Stakeholder Management
- Technology Innovation.
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online