United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member, Contract Monitoring
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Permanent
- This position will be responsible for issuing purchase orders/award letters to counterparties or vendors in line with the empowerment policy or framework of the Bank.
- This is to ensure optimization of costs, the efficiency of contract executions, and maximum gains or value creation for the Bank.
- Authorise all inputs initiated on the digital solution.
- Daily review of all reports generated from the digital solution to ascertain the status of all subsisting contracts with respect to either completion or default.
- Liaise with various Group Heads to provide background/feedback on the ongoing contract/SLA implementations.
- Where required, liaise with vendors for ‘on-the-spot assessment of contracts.
- Provide periodic reports on the outcome of reviews to Head, Admin Services.
- Track and monitor advance payment guarantees or performance bonds obtained by the Bank to secure upfront payments.
- Escalate deviations to Head, Admin Services.
- Support the contracting function as either relief during vacation or back up from time to time.
- First Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or any related field of study.
- 3 – 5 years of relevant work experience.
- We are currently seeking a Team Member, Contract Monitoring.
- The candidate for this position must have a good understanding & interpretation of business contracts and knowledge about risk management and conflict resolution.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- In-depth Business understanding
- Effective Communication
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft office tools
What We Expect From You:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity, and responsibility.
- Highly organized, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with the ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain an excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
What You Should Expect From Us:
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core values. We do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities and support to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here in UBA, our employees are our greatest assets and so we built a recognition and reward system that boosts productivity and enhances staff retention, instituting a culture of meritocracy.
Application Closing Date
31st August, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online