United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Member (TM), Compliance Governance & Learning
- Ensure prompt compliance with all Corporate Governance, Code of ethics and Professional conduct and Compliance requirements.
- Review of policies to ensure that they reflect current regulatory requirements and reflect international best practice at all times.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct enhanced due diligence on all high risk customer.
- Ensuring the Bank is compliant with the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
- Conduct research on global compliance issues and disseminate information to key stakeholders.
- Training and capacity building of stakeholders on compliance issues.
- Coordinate with learning partners to measure the effectiveness of learning programs.
- Monitor and track activity and performance of training sessions (classroom and e-learning).
- Prepare monthly & quarterly reports of training sessions for internal and external stakeholders.
- To co-ordinate the activities of Cluster Compliance Officers to organize and facilitate AML training sessions.
- Rendition of regulatory returns.
- Continuous review of the Group Compliance policy in line with regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance of the bank’s Rule Book.
- Ensuring the existence of corporate governance across the group.
- Inculcate a compliance culture within the Group.
- Provide optimum support from a holistic compliance perspective in relation to allocated subsidiaries.
- Other functions as stipulated by the Team Lead & Chief Compliance Officer.
- Our ideal candidate must have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in Operations, Internal Control or Audit & Compliance.
- Strong Analytical skills.
- Quantitative skills.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Investigative Skill.
- Research skill.
- Knowledge of Banking Operations.
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s policies, Audit and Investigation, Scenario analysis.
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to KnowTeam Member (TM), Compliance Governance & Learning at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)