Are you in need of The Citadel Acceptance Rate information? This article covers all information about The Citadel Acceptance Rate.
- Brief History of The Citadel Academy
- Why Choose The Citadel?
- What is The Citadel Acceptance Rate?
- What is The Citadel Tuition?
- What is The Citadel Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the Citadel Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What Are The Requirements For The Citadel?
- Requirements for The Citadel Graduate College
- What Are The Transfer Requirements For The Citadel?
- What is The GPA Needed To Get into The Citadel?
- What is The Citadel Deadline?
- What Are The Citadel Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Editor’s Recommendation
Brief History of The Citadel Academy
In Charleston, South Carolina, there is a public senior military institution called The Citadel, sometimes known as The Military College of South Carolina or simply The Citadel. It is one of the six senior military institutions in the United States and was founded in 1842.
It offers 31 majors and 57 minors through its 18 academic departments, which are split across five schools. Cadets in the military program earning bachelor’s degrees reside on campus.
Consequently, twelve undergraduate degrees, 26 graduate degrees, evening and online programs with three undergraduate degrees, three graduate degrees, and three certificate programs are available through the non-military programs.
Following the suppressed Denmark Vesey rebellion of 1822, the state of South Carolina built an arsenal to protect white Charlestonians from potential slave uprisings. This is where The Citadel got its start.
However, the Citadel Academy in Charleston and the Arsenal Academy in Columbia previously made up the South Carolina Military Academy, which was established by order of the state legislature in 1842.
In addition, the Citadel reconfigured its current departments into five schools, each led by a dean, for 2002–2003. Business, Education, Engineering, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science and Mathematics are all offered at the schools.
Also, the Accounting and Finance, Management and Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Supply Chain Management, and Economics departments make up the Baker School of Business. The institution offers both undergraduate and graduates degrees in business administration.
The Association has accredited Business Administration to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business since 1996, and it is the most popular major among cadets.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Why Choose The Citadel?
Students can receive exceptional benefits from a Citadel military education that is unavailable through a typical collegiate curriculum. Attending a military institution gives a student a foundation of leadership and confidence that will remain throughout their career, whether in the military or not.
Consequently, the Reserve Officers’ Training Corps at The Citadel is one of the best in the country for people looking to join the military and provides cadets with the necessary training to become military officers. After graduating, one in three cadets receives a commission in the American Armed Forces.
Furthermore, physical exercise encourages a healthy lifestyle, develops a well-rounded person, and enhances academic success.
The Citadel demands cadets adhere to fitness requirements and participate in regular physical exercise because it values physical activity. Club sports and Division I athletics offer additional chances to develop collaboration in a competitive setting.
Also, graduates from a Citadel military school flourish in various occupations thanks to the particular foundation they acquire as undergrads. Employers admire and appreciate Citadel alums for their backgrounds and potential.
Citadel graduates excel because they understand what it takes to meet a challenge in any sector via character development, moral leadership, teamwork, discipline, and physical fitness.
Don’t Fail Also to Read: Curtis Institute of Music Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
What is The Citadel Acceptance Rate?
The acceptance rate should be your first consideration if you want to be admitted. This reveals how demanding the school’s criteria are and how competitive it is.
The Citadel has an acceptance rate of 81.1 percent. 81 out of every 100 applications are accepted.
The school is, therefore, just minimally selective. The school will have its expected GPA and SAT/ACT score criteria.
You will likely receive an admission offer if you match their prerequisites.
However, if you don’t fit The Citadel’s criteria, you’ll be an unfortunate few who get turned down.
Here is how to apply to the school
- Apply to the Corps of Cadet
- Apply to the Citadel Graduate College
- Apply to the College Transfer Program
What is The Citadel Tuition?
The undergraduate tuition and expenses at Citadel Military College of South Carolina for the academic year 2022–2023 are $12,570 for residents of South Carolina and $35,826 for out-of-state students. Graduate school costs $10,890 for South Carolina residents and $18,540 for everyone else.
Consequently, living expenses outside tuition and fees are listed as $9,976 for on-campus housing and $27,837 for off-campus housing, respectively.
For the academic year 2022–2023, its total costs of attendance (COA) are $53,946 for on-campus housing and $71,807 for off-campus housing. It covers tuition, fees, the price of books and supplies, accommodation and board, and other living expenditures.
What is The Citadel Transfer Acceptance Rate?
3.0% of all students at The Citadel – The Military College of South Carolina are transfer students.
420 transfer candidates applied to The Citadel – The Military College of South Carolina in 2022 and 217 pupils were admitted by the school.
The Citadel – The Military College of South Carolina has a transfer acceptance rate of 51.67 percent as a result.
This demonstrates how challenging it is to enroll at The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina.
Furthermore, 138 of the 217 accepted transfer students enrolled, making the yield 63.59 percent.
However, out of every 100 transfer candidates, The Citadel – The Military College of South Carolina admits 52.
You Should Also Read: Ithaca College Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA and Admission Requirements
What is the Citadel Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Acceptances rate by significant include:
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services- 29%
- Engineering- 23%
- Homeland Security, Law Enforcement, Firefighting, and Related Protective Services- 10%
- Social Sciences- 7%
- Parks, Recreation, Leisure, Fitness, and Kinesiology- 6%
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences- 4%
- Military Science, Leadership, and Operational Art- 4%
- Military Technologies and Applied Sciences- 4%
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services- 3%
- History- 3%
What Are The Requirements For The Citadel?
Requirements for the Corps of Cadet
The Citadel strives to enroll students who are mature and well-rounded. The ability to be a successful cadet at The Citadel and motivation and academic accomplishments are prerequisites for applicants. They include:
Freshman Requirements for the Corps of Cadet:
- A high school diploma or a GED is required for prospective first-year students.
- The completion of the admissions application and payment of the application fee
- Send admissions your high school transcripts.
- SAT/ACT test scores should be submitted by students. Please submit TOEFL scores for students whose first language is not English.
- Must complete the necessary coursework satisfactorily.
- Following academic acceptance, the Citadel Surgeon requires medical approval.
- Must be 17 or younger and under 23 years old on the day of matriculation.
- Married people are not eligible to be freshman.
International students will submit both the admissions application and the Undergraduate International Student Immigration Supplement.
Requirements for The Citadel Graduate College
- Review the specifications and be aware of the time frames.
- Register with us and start your online application.
- Send your resume
- Your supplemental documents should be uploaded to the application portal.
- Send your certified school records (College Transfer Program applicants only).
- Send your legal documentation (Graduate College applicants only).
- Enroll in a graduate admissions examination (if required).
- To see where your application materials stand, check.
- Await email updates on the status of your application.
What Are The Transfer Requirements For The Citadel?
- Transfer students must have completed high school or have a GED.
- Must include the application money and a completed application for admission.
- To evaluate academic performance, a high school transcript must be provided (coursework and grades).
- A cumulative GPA of at least 2.50 on a 4.00 scale and at least 24 hours of college credit are required for transfer applicants.
- The surgeon of The Citadel’s endorsement for health.
- Must be at least 17 years old and under 23 on the day they matriculate.
- Married applicants are ineligible.
International transfer students will submit the entrance application and the Undergraduate International Student Immigration Supplement.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Devry University Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
What is The GPA Needed To Get into The Citadel?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but this is frequently the bare minimum needed to submit an application without it being rejected immediately.
The GPA criterion that counts is the GPA you need to have a legitimate possibility of being admitted. We consider the school’s current students’ average GPA for this.
The Citadel has a 3.68 average GPA.
The Citadel needs you to be above average in your high school class with a 3.68 GPA.
Also, a combination of A and B grades is required, preferably with more A grades than B. Harder coursework, such as AP or IB courses, might make up for a low GPA. This will demonstrate that you can handle academic work that is more challenging than the typical high school student.
What is The Citadel Deadline?
The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina, has a sliding application deadline and a $40 application fee.
What Are The Citadel Decision Dates?
The Citadel decision date is on a rolling basis,, but applying early is advisable.
The Citadel is a military college with a rich history and educational reputation in Charleston. It offers a lot of undergraduate and graduate programs that are suitable for military education.
I hope this article guides you while you make your decision.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate 2022 And Average GPA
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you pay for The Citadel?
During business hours, pay in person with cash, a check, or a money order.
- campusreel.org– The Citadel – The Military College of South Carolina Transfers: 2022 Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- Paying for Citadel
- prepscholar.com– The Citadel Requirements for Admission
- citadel.edu– Benefits of Attending a Military College
- wikipedia.org– The Citadel
- Skidmore College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- Colorado College Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- WPI Acceptance Rate 2022: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
- RIT Acceptance Rate 2022: Admission, Courses And Scholarships
- Villanova Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
- Macalester Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA & Admission Requirements
- IUP Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA
- Korea University Acceptance Rate 2022 and Average GPA
- University of Amsterdam Acceptance Rate 2022 | Average GPA