UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 for Secondary School Students. UBA Foundation, the corporate social responsibility arm of the United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc, has commenced the 2020 edition of its annual National Essay Competition in Nigeria with a call for entries. Now in its 10th year, the National Essay Competition, targeted at senior secondary students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
There are thousands of secondary school students today in Nigeria who have what it takes to achieve academic excellence but pray day and night to get sponsors because of their family financial struggle. If you are such a student or you have a friend like that; UBA Foundation National Essay Competition 2020 is here saying ‘Yes’ to your dreams.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
The National essay competition, targeted at senior secondary school students in Nigeria is organized annually, as part of the UBA Foundation’s education initiative which is aimed at promoting the reading culture and encouraging healthy and intellectual competition amongst secondary school students in Nigeria and across Africa.
However, the competition is a key aspect of our investment drive in human capital, as we seek to improve the knowledge base, allow students to express themselves and write creatively. Hence, they continue to sustain the initiative because education is very important
It is important to note that apart from Nigeria, the national essay competition has been taken to other African countries including Ghana and Senegal. More countries including Mozambique and Kenya will kick off the initiative this year.
A unique component of this year’s edition is that schools that turn in the highest number of entries will be recognized and rewarded a special prize by the Foundation.
Furthermore, National Essay Competition provides the opportunity for students in secondary schools across the country to put in their entries and to win prizes in the form of educational grants to study in any university of their choice on the African continent.
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- Be a Secondary School Student
- Must submit a handwritten essay
- Must submit a passport photograph
- Must submit a copy of a birth certificate, National ID or passport
- Entries received for the competition will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of judges made up of professors from reputable Nigerian Universities, who will then shortlist 12 essays for further assessment
- Following this, the second round of competition will involve the 12 finalists who will write a second supervised essay from which three best essays will be selected as the overall winners from the 12 finalists emerged from the first round of the competition
“DO YOU THINK THAT THE LOCKDOWN DURING THE
COVID-19 PANDEMIC WAS AN ESSENTIAL MEASURE IN
SPITE OF THE HARDSHIP IT BROUGHT ECONOMICALLY?
WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENTLY AND WHY?”
- The first prize for the UBA National Essay Competition is a N2.5 million educational grant,
- Second Prize is N2 million educational grants
- Third prizes is N1.5 million educational grants
Method of Application
- Applicant must submit their completed contact information (Name, Age, School, Address of school, Telephone Number, Residential Address and Email Address)
- Applicants must attach photocopies of their original birth certificates or international passport data page.
- Then submit the essay in the link below
Send through Post to
UBA House (15th Floor)
Drop-Off at any UBA Business Office in Nigeria for onward delivery to UBA Foundation.
Deadline: October 2nd, 2020
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.