Scholarships are available to students enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato.
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling into foundation, undergraduate, or postgraduate programmes for the first time at the University of Waikato.
Offered Since: 2015
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Level/Fields of Study
Entrance/School Leaver, Undergraduate, Postgraduate (Taught).
The scholarship will be taken in New Zealand.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
The scholarship is open to international students.
Nevertheless, if your country is not among the eligible countries listed, don’t panic there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021“.
The scholarship is worth around $10 000.
To be eligible, candidate must:
- be a citizen of a country listed above,
- be enrolling for the first time into a Foundation Studies, undergraduate or postgraduate programme at the University of Waikato,
- not be classified as a domestic student,
- be in receipt of a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato,
- have met the English language requirements for admission, or completed a Certificate of Attainment in English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies,
- be commencing full-time study in the year of tenure and be intending to study at the University of Waikato for a minimum of 12 months,
- be residing in NZ for the tenure of the scholarship,
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body, and
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement or on a Study Abroad and Exchange Programme agreement.
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship is tenable only within the year for which it is awarded.
- The Scholarships will be offered on the basis of academic merit and future potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
- Applications will be short-listed by the University’s International Regional Managers’ and forwarded to the Selection Panel.
- The Selection Panel will comprise the Chair of the Scholarships Committee and the Director – International (or their nominees) and will regularly meet to assess applications.
- The Selection Panel’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into following the selection meeting.
Number of Awardees: Several
How to Apply
- Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form.
- Applications can be submitted at any time prior to the start of the programme in which the applicant is holding an offer for. However, it is strongly recommended that applications are submitted at least six weeks prior to the start of the applicant’s foundation or degree programme.
- Applications must be submitted along with:
- an Application to Enrol (ATE) to the University of Waikato and must include a grading scale of your qualifications (this can normally be found on the reverse side of your academic transcripts), OR a Conditional or Formal Offer of Place from the University of Waikato; and,
- a personal statement (maximum 200 words) that sets out the following:
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
Applications for 2020 can be submitted at any time
Award Provider: University of Waikato
Important Notes: Successful candidates will receive a Scholarship offer which is valid for 4 weeks. Students must confirm their acceptance of the Scholarship by the date requested in the offer letter or the Scholarship will be reallocated to another student. Upon confirmation, the recipient will receive an official Scholarship letter to include with their Immigration New Zealand visa application.
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.