Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships 2020-2021 for Study in the UK (Fully Funded)
The AIG Scholarships Application 2020-2021 is now open, interested applicants are welcome to apply for this scholarship award.
Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) Scholarships Programme is focused on graduates between the ages of 25 and 35. Graduates with strong intellectual capabilities and have excelled academically with good leadership skills are welcome to apply for this AIG scholarships 2020-2021.
What You Need to Know About AIG Scholarships 2020
Each year, the Africa Initiative for Governance (AIG) will fund five scholarships for eminent personalities from West Africa (Ghana and Nigeria) to help them obtain a Master of Public Policy degree at the Blavatnik School of Government, University of Oxford.
AIG Scholars will be expected, upon graduation, to return to their home country and apply their learning experience as change agents in their country’s public sector.
Who Can Apply?
The AIG scholarships programme is open to masters students who wish to Study Abroad. They should pose strong intellectual capabilities and have excelled academically.
Africa Initiative for Governance Programme is open to citizens of Ghana and Nigeria. Don’t worry if your country is not selected for this program. We have other global opportunities for African Youths you can apply for.
The AIG Scholarships Programme is fully funded. It covers your accommodation fee, living expenses and does not cover your travel cost or visa expenses. You can also check other Full tuition academic scholarships.
AIG Scholarships 2020 Eligibility
To be eligible for this Africa Initiative for Governance Scholarships Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria.
- Be a citizen of Nigeria or Ghana
- Be between the ages of 25 and 35 years (must not be 36 years old by December 31, 2019)
- Have a first-class or second-class upper undergraduate degree with honours (or equivalent international qualifications), as a minimum, in any discipline. For applicants with a degree from the USA, the minimum GPA sought is 3.7 out of 4.0
- Be preferably top 10% of graduating class (First, Second or Master’s Degree) – evidence to be provided
- Provide evidence of game-changing leadership and the resultant impact
- Show skills and interests outside of academics (evidence to be provided)
How to Apply For the AIG Scholarships 2020-2021
The application will be done online. Interested candidates who met the above criteria will be directed to complete an online application form.
- New applicants should click on the “New application” tab on the login page and provide their basic information. By submitting your basic information, you will instantly receive a confirmation email from the portal with a link to continue the application process. You MUST click on the link (or copy and paste the URL into your browser) to continue with the application. You will be automatically redirected to the application portal where you can continue and complete your application.
Please note that you will not receive an e-mail if your e-mail address is incorrect, non-functional or has been deactivated as a result of inactivity for a long period of time. You should, therefore, ensure that your e-mail account is active and open before you start your application.
- Returning applicants should input their registered e-mail address and password and click the Login button to continue their applications.
Please note that you will be required to upload a passport photograph with a maximum size of 50kb
The AIG Scholarships application must be completed on or before September 23, 2019.
AIG Scholarship Login
AIG Foundation Scholarships 2019/20 Recipients
AIG Foundation is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2019/20 AIG Scholarships awards. The awardees are:
- Adebola Babafemi (Nigeria)
- Erobu Onyekachukwu (Nigeria)
- Mohammed Nasir (Nigeria)
- Onasanya Hakeem (Nigeria)
- Sarpong Kwame (Ghana)
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside these AIG Scholarships 2020-2021.
- Private Universities in Lagos and their Fees
- Best Private Universities in Nigeria and their Fees
- Latest Scholarships in Nigeria 2019-2020 for Nigerian Students
- Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2019
- 15+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
- 15+ Scholarships for People with Glasses 2019
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate of 2019
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2019 and 2020.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.