The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Analyst II – IT Support
Division: Finance and Management Services
- Install and configure computer hardware, operating systems and applications.
- Investigate, diagnose and solve computer application and hardware related problems.
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks; engage with staff/clients through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone.
- Ensure that employees are aware of and adhere to basic cybersecurity rules while using IT tools.
- Email configuration support on mobile and PC.
- Daily backup of relevant application databases ensuring there is adequate disaster recovery and business continuity in case of server failure/unavailability.
- Provide onboarding support to new employees and employee off-boarding support to exiting employees .
- Document, track, and resolution of all support incidents in a timely and efficient manner.
- Test, evaluate and support the roll-out of new applications and technologies.
- Respond within agreed time limits to call-outs, prioritize and manage all open cases.
- Support for remote users using remote support tools such as TeamViewer, remote desktop for employees working outside of the corporate head office.
- Provide maintenance support for the website and other Portals.
- Troubleshoot and resolve incidents relating to Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft 365 cloud solutions i.e., SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive and PowerShell.
- Cloud and on premise server administration.
- Provide support for maintenance of local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), various segments of network systems, and other computing environments used across the enterprise.
- Manage network hardware, software, and equipment and work to ensure network availability and reliability to all users.
- Network Support; DHCP, DNS, VLAN, Firewalls, Endpoint antivirus administration.
- ERP/EDMS users support, setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with connectivity, password, and authentication/authorization issues; escalate where necessary.
- Set up user accounts, passwords and permissions to network resources and services.
- Play a key role in the prevention of unauthorized access or deliberate cyber-attack on the network and information systems.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to develop and deploy technology in work processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering and any related field (Minimum of Second-Class Upper Division).
- Minimum years of experience: 2 years (maximum age limit 27 years).
- CompTIA A+, MCP, Cisco Certified Network Associate.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills and capable of communicating with individuals at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and take initiative where necessary.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know