The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – Tariff and Rates
Division: Markets Competition and Rates
- Assist in the determination of appropriate methodologies, policies, procedures and guidelines for regulating electricity tariffs.
- Perform tariff affordability tests to estimate the impact of tariffs on new power procurement.
- Analyse the impact of PPA on tariffs.
- Assist in review of tariff filings and applications.
- Assist in analysing cases for hearing and in organizing the public hearings.
- Conducts necessary analysis and provide input into the determination of license fees, levies and other charges.
- Assist in the management of relevant consultancies in the unit.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- B.Sc. in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics, or Law, an MSc Energy Economics, MSc Econometrics, MA Economics, MA Utility Regulation, MSc Economics, LLM Energy Law, MSc Finance, MBA Energy Finance or MSc Statistics.
- Minimum of 6 Years post graduation experience.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know