AIDS Healthcare Foundation (AHF) is an international not for profit NGO, with its Headquarters based in Los Angeles, California. AIDS Healthcare Foundation is registered in Nigeria as Foundation for AIDS Care Prevention and Advocacy but collectively referred to as AHF Nigeria. AHF Nigeria works in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health to provide free HIV/AIDS services; HIV prevention and treatment (ART), capacity building and advocacy in resource constrained settings.
AHF-Nigeria currently operates in 7 states including; Benue, Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nasarawa, Kogi, Cross River, Anambra, Akwa Ibom and supports numerous clinics country wide.
The organization now seeks to hire highly competent, dynamic and experienced persons to fill the regular full-time position below:
Job Title: Community HTS Assistant
Location: Nasarawa State
Reports to: Prevention Coordinator
- To reader quality counselling and psychosocial support to clients. Refer clients for appropriate additional psychosocial and clinical support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide HIV Testing Services to all clients willing to conduct HIV test.
- Participates in the coordination of community outreaches and campaigns.
- Support the linkage of clients newly diagnosed with HIV to care, support and treatment and HIV negative clients to appropriate HIV prevention services.
- Keep comprehensive directory of facilities offering ART and other related prevention services.
- Provide support to decentralized HTS points to provide quality services,
- Provide support (where needed) in ensuring a coordinated inventory management and ensure supply of RTKs and consumables to HTS sites.
- Ensure HTS data collection and reporting tools are available and are regularly updated to ensure completeness at all times
Adherence Counselling duties:
- Collaborate with other health care professionals (doctor, nurse, social worker, community health care worker, home-based caregiver, psychologist.) in maintaining treatment protocol.
- Counsel and refer patients and family on disease prevention and staying healthy.
- Support adherence counselling for patients on HIV treatment and document the session outcomes in the counselling form.
- Provide ongoing psychosocial counselling and other form of support to PLHIV.
- Provide support for activities of PLHIV support groups in the community and contribute to racking lost to follow up cases.
- Treatment literacy and general duties.
- Support the conduct of treatment literacy sessions for patients prior to ART initiation and provide them with the clinical and laboratory goals of ARV’s.
- Identify clients who are defaulting and furnish team with relevant information for intervention.
- Communicate weekly updates to supervisor by noting challenges encountered with recommendations and planning for the next weeks’ activities.
- Prepare monthly report on services rendered for submission to supervisor.
- Participate in team de-briefing sessions.
- Enter client visit details into the relevant psychosocial register.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Psychology, Sociology and other related discipline for AIDS Treatment Training Certificate for counseling Skills Training.
- Degree or Diploma in Child and Youth Development would be an advantage.
- HTS and adherence counseling experience is an added advantage.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
Application Closing Date
12th August, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Application (CV and Cover Letter as one document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the position and the Location you are applying for as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Also your application document must be saved in your full name preferably in MS Word or PDF format.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;