Mkobo is licensed as a Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We started operations in August 2015. MKOBO is not your typical MFB, we do not have a banking hall nor do we accept cash deposit. All transactions are done electronically.
We are primarily focused on the promotion of inclusive financial services through the development of innovative financial services that leverages technology to eliminate the costs and complexities usually associated with traditional financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Credit & Enterprise Risk Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Position
The primary purpose of this position centers on ensuring the Bank’s risks are properly managed, the development and implementation of risk and compliance strategies or programs in order to find the appropriate balance in all forms of credit and operational risks while also ensuring regulatory compliance.
The position covers the following areas:
- Credit Risk Management
- AML (Anti-Money Laundering)
- Enterprise Risk
- Credit fraud prevention and detection
- Business Continuity
- Oversee and enforce risk management policies, including Credit Manual, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Manual and Policy, and monitor compliance with these policies.
- Develop appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminate appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in business products, change in clients, markets/industry, laws and regulations.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that reduce credit risk for a financial institution.
- Manage the building of financial models that predict credit risk exposure to the organization.
- Undertake building of financial models that predict credit risk exposure of the organization and oversee the preparation of Credit performance reports for management.
- Manage the Bank’s risk asset portfolio, in terms of quality and volume
- Own and ensure that the KYC/AML & CTF policies are kept up to date in line with CBN’s / FATF regulations.
- Carry out internal training / refresher training for all staff to ensure that they are suitably trained with all credit-related issues.
- Provide an independent review of proposed business plans which include risks identified to the Board Risk Committee and Executive Committee.
- Manage a comprehensive KYC/AML/CTF Compliance program and training for the company in line with local regulations and internal policy requirements.
- Developing methods to generate a robust system to identify, monitor, manage and control credit, market and operational risks.
- Act as the champion of risk management for the Company and help improve Management team understanding of key risk identification, assessment, monitoring and reporting and mitigation.
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports.
- Have a working knowledge of consumer credit risk management and possess sound market and industry knowledge of banking/ finance sector.
- Minimum of Degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration etc. from a reputable University and Postgraduate degree an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in risk management, internal control or audit in the financial services industry/sector.
- Experience of development of policy documents is an added advantage
- Highly proficient with MS Office.
- Ability to handle several complex tasks simultaneously and also coordinate key projects with a variety of stakeholders is essential.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of FINTECH
- Sound Knowledge of Civil Servant /Payroll Loans e. g through IPPIS and Oracle.
Application Closing Date
2nd December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;