The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Deputy General Manager – Legal
Division: Legal, Licensing and Compliance
- Leadership and general oversight of the compliance unit.
- Implementation of the Commission’s enforcement/compliance strategy.
- Coordination of the Commission’s enforcement/compliance function.
- Development of work-plans for the compliance unit and allocation of tasks to team members.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with applicants and other stakeholders.
- Coordination and maintenance of relationships with other departments/units in the Commission.
- Maintaining records of all applications and ensuring compliance with stipulated timelines for the completion of applications.
- Supporting the legal division with other tasks.
Qualification / Skills
- Bachelor of Laws, B.L. Advanced degrees like Master of Laws and Doctor of Philosophy in Law will be an advantage.
- Required skills – Ability to write and communicate excellently in English, a team player, a self-starter that works well under pressure, great levels of empathy and excellent public speaking/presentation skills.
- Minimum years of experience: 22 years post call experience with keen focus on litigation, alternative dispute resolution, constitutional and administrative law; in leading a compliance function in the public or private sector.
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know