Pulse is Africa’s leading innovative media company, informing and engaging Africa’s young audience and producing content and creative digital marketing solutions for top brands. We run news platforms and social channels and marketing and production in four countries – Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya and Senegal.
We are the platform leading in reach – with over 100 million users and over 100 million video views on our own channels per month. We’re also a marketing partner, empowering brands with our expansive media reach and 360 degree in-house marketing solutions. Additionally, Pulse is the licensee publisher of the regional Business Insider Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Editor in Chief, Pulse Sports
- We are looking for an Editor in Chief who will be responsible for shaping the content direction of an exciting new media product of Pulse – Pulse Sports – and grow and manage a team of talented sports reporters, social media managers, and videographers.
- You will have a proven track record of reporting sports related news and events, and creating engaging sports related content in a wide variety of digital and social media story formats suited to our audience.
- You will have excellent knowledge of sports locally, in Africa and globally, and have a good network within the sports industry.
- As Editor in Chief, you will be a key driver of Pulse’s growth in the sports segment.
- Oversee Editorial planning and strategy execution for all sports-related coverage – reporters should contribute original reporting on sports-related events in real-time across the Pulse Sports website and social media channels
- Develop compelling formats and styles for the various pages and social channels, ensuring content is always engaging and innovative
- Secure top-level contributors and source interviews, profiles, and features for exclusive content
- Maximise the potential of major sporting events, securing key partnerships and access for coverage
- Quality control of published content – story authenticity, fact-checking, spelling, grammar, punctuation – and ensure stories are reflective of our Editorial guidelines at all times
- Work closely with the Project Leader to ensure that marketing strategies for Pulse Sports are effective in building brand positioning and awareness
- Work closely with the Project Leader and commercial teams to support sales and lead generation efforts
- Reach traffic and overall performance KPIs of Pulse Sports and actively identify and implement strategies to increase reach and relevance
- Liaise with Tech & Product Teams on back-end and front-end updates, mobile development, and CMS changes
- Ensuring synergies with other Pulse products and teams are maximized and closely collaborating with our international partners
- Promote a work environment of continuous improvement, manage team learning sessions and facilitate knowledge sharing on an ongoing basis
- Build relationships and strategic partnerships in the industry, such as with key sporting bodies, sporting agents, athletes, and other relevant stakeholders
- Stay up to date of the latest trends and be aware of competitive activity in the market to ensure that the Pulse Sports offering is always innovative
- Representing Pulse Sports at industry events exploring opportunities to promote our brand image
Desired Skills & Experience
- A strong editorial background in sports-related digital media
- Excellent knowledge of sports locally, in Africa and globally
- Passion for producing exclusive stories
- Passion for football and other sports (local and international)
- Experience leading and managing a team of reporters
- Entrepreneurial attitude and a commercial mindset
- Great relationship-building and negotiating skills to gain access to top sporting events locally and internationally
- Excellent communication skills
- Reliability and efficiency in a fast-paced environment
- A lot of energy and enthusiasm
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know