MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Engineer – Radio Frequency Planning, Network NG
Job Identification: 1256
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos (MTN plaza)
Job Schedule: Full time
Job Category: MTN Level 2
Reports To: Manager Radio Frequency Planning
- Network Planning functions within the region which will be measured by:
- Capacity – Ensuring that at any time the network will be able to accommodate the subscriber level anticipated 3 months ahead
- Technology integration – Ensuring that multiservice sites (2G, 3G,4G,5G) are properly designed and integrated with minimal complexity and good Inter Radio Access Technology performance.
- Time – Ensuring that network planning and site acceptance will be carried out in a manner to allow sufficient time for acquisition, construction and implementation of BTS and transmission links
- Maintain at all times a detailed knowledge of the behavior and status of all sites in the region of responsibility. This includes:
- Nominal plan
- Planned sites
- Site acquisition status
- Build configuration and status
- Traffic levels
- Voice traffic indices: GoS (Congestions stats), Dropped call rate, Control Channel failure, HO failure rate, half-rate
- Data traffic volumes and relevant indices
- Monitor and report all competitor activities
- The clutter data and propagation models (Planning Tool: Asset) will be checked at regular intervals to ensure that they offer a true reflection of the propagation environment·
- Be aware of any of the issues below that may affect the successful operation of MTN’s business within the region:
- Economic situation
- Social/community situations
- Provide specialist technical support to all other department regarding the network and radio related features
- Maintain the integrity of the contents of planning tools (esp. ASSET, and other records) and minimize discrepancies from live network
- Execute the nominal radio coverage and capacity rollout design for the region
- Carry out the detailed RF design to conform with the nominal rollout plan
- Produce Cost Effective radio designs – ensuring the network will be designed and built in the most cost effective way possible, e.g. rooftops/existing towers/water towers are easier and cheaper to build than greenfields
- Monitor and analyze network performance and configuration to ensure KPIs are in conformance with targets for the region
- Continuously analyze traffic, utilization and subscriber growth in order to foresee needs for capacity expansion.
- Review, prepare and load cell data for integration of sites onto the network.
- Evaluate, verify and supervise the planning of MTNN radio networks by managed service vendor(s).
- First Degree in Electrical / Electronics or Telecommunications Engineering or related discipline.
- Fluent in English.
3 – 7 years of experience which includes:
- Experience working in a medium-sized organization .
- Experience with a GSM or Wireless Telecom operator.
- Experience working on 3G/4G/5G.
- Experience with Ericsson, Huawei and ZTE equipment will be desirable.
Application Closing Date
4th April, 2022 at 11:59 PM
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know