Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the ongoing 2020-2021 Federal Government Scholarship award.
This content is divided into two sections,
A. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA), for studies tenable abroad.
B. Nigeria Award Scholarship (NA), tenable in Nigerian Tertiary institutions
Also, note that the scholarship is available for both undergraduates and postgraduates.
Read carefully and apply for the scholarship you are qualified for.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PARTICULAR APPLICATION DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
A. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA)
What is BEA Scholarship Awards?
The Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Division of the Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is primarily charged with the responsibility of implementing scholarship Awards between the Federal Government of Nigeria and the Governments of Countries that have signed Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) with Nigeria.
The countries with Bilateral Education Agreements (BEA) with Nigeria are: –
- South Korea
The scholarship awards are leading to first degrees, masters and PhD studies. All the countries are non-English speaking, the scholars are made to study in the language of the countries except Hungary.
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the Examination slip.
The following details will aid you to understand all the things needed for Federal Government BEA Scholarship for Undergraduates.
However, Apart from this ongoing BEA Scholarships 2020, there are other Nigerian undergraduates scholarships, such as NNPC-TOTAL Scholarship Agbami Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate Students. NNPC-Eroton Undergraduate Scholarship 2020, NNPC-SNEPCo Undergraduate Scholarship 2020
Fields of Study
- Natural sciences
- Information Technology
- Medicine and Medicine related courses
- Petroleum related courses
- Social science
- International Relations
- Languages, etc.
The scholarships can be tenable in the following countries;
Rusian, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Japan, Macedonia
All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics.
Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2018 & 2019) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2019) only. Age limit is from 18 to 20 years.
The following details will aid you to understand all the things needed for Federal Government BEA Scholarship for Postgraduates.
Fields of Study
The BEA Scholarship can be taken in all fields of study.
However, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post ”How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021”.
The Federal Government scholarships can be tenable in the following countries;
Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
However, if you wish to study in Canada, read this >> Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have acquired at least two (2) years post qualification experience or employment practice in Nigeria.
All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
i) N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted
ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
GENERAL NOTE FOR ALL APPLICANTS
i) Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
ii) Japan applicants must have a solid background in further mathematics;
iii) The required certificate for candidates applying for Bachelor in Imamat, Quran Teaching Professor and Imam Preacher Training for Islamic Religious studies in Algeria is WASSCE/WAEC, and no other certificate is accepted;
iv) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which will hopefully be opened between October and November 2020,
- Complete the application form online,
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0 above;
v) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
vi) All Applicants to upload their certificates online;
viii) The duration for Serbian undergraduate scholarship is Eight (8) years general courses and Nine (9) years for Medicine and postgraduate studies, 3-4years for MSC and 5-6years for PhD.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
i) Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
ii) Data page of the current International passport;
iii) Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
iv) National Identification Number (NIN)
v) Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
What To Bring To Interview?
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of the Printed, Completed application forms are usually submitted at the various interview centers with the following attachments:
- Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting;
- Only ONE certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June only for undergraduate applicants;
- Two copies of Birth certificate from the National Population Commission;
- State of Origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated;
- Four (4) passport-sized colored photographs on a white background;
- Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates will be required from applicants for Postgraduate Studies.
B. Nigerian Award Scholarship (NA)
This scholarship award is tenable in Nigerian tertiary institutions
Fields of Study
COURSES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE AWARD ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Science and Technology
- Medicine and Para-medicals
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- Entrepreneurial Studies,
- Environmental Sciences
All other applicants (UG, HND & NCE) must be registered full-time students in their second year or above in Federal or State Universities, Polytechnics, Monotechnics and Colleges of Education.
All undergraduate Scholarship applicants (Physically challenged inclusive) must have at least 4.0 Cumulative Grade Points Aggregate (CGPA) on a five (5) point scale or its equivalents or 5.0 on a 7 point scale.
Applicants for Postgraduate studies should possess a minimum of first degree with Second Class Honours Upper Division. Applicant must be registered Full-Time students of Federal or State Universities.
General Information for Postgraduate and Undergraduate studies
The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of the academic session.
It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
Change of course or Institution is not allowed.
The Scholarship award is to assist the scholar in the payment of:
- Institutional charges and fees and
- For Personal maintenance
How to Apply for Federal Government Scholarship 2020-2021 (NA)
Application forms are to be completed online as follows:
Complete form online Submit and Print a copy Attach Photocopy of the following documents to the Printed Copy
- Letter of Admission to the Institution
- Current Course Registration Form
- CGPA results of year 1, 2, 3, etc.
- Current School’s Identity Card
- Letter of Identification from your State/Local Government
- Two (2) passport size photographs with your name written at the back and duly signed by you.
The registration portal will be closed on Friday 11th December 2020 by 11:59 PM (Please kindly note, the application is not yet ongoing. We will update you once it starts).
2020/2021 FSB Computer Based Test Venues
|1||North-West||Sokoto Kano||Sokoto Kano|
|2||North-East||Adamawa Bauchi||Yola Bauchi|
|3||North Central||FCT Kwara||Bwari Ilorin|
|4||South West||Oyo Ondo||Ibadan Akure|
|5||South-South||Deltal Rivers||Asaba P/Harourt|
|6||South-East||Enugu Imo||Enugu Owerri|
During the application, candidates are expected to indicate the following:
- Candidates are advised to choose Computer Based Test Centre (CBT) very close to them
- Choice of programme preferred in order of priority (i.e. Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) and Nigerian Award
- Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified.
Official Phone Numbers: Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) – 08077884417/09094268637
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched or looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.
Join Our Whatsapp Group for Scholarship Updates
If you want to be getting our scholarship update, join our Whatsapp group.
How the group works
- The group is locked for only admin to be posting
- Information will be posted to the group not more than 4 times a week