The Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for:
Title: Consultant for the Preparation of Detailed Prototype Designs and Development of BOQ for Typical Market Infrastructure Rehabilitation / Construction For LIFE-ND Project
RFP No: NPCO / CONS / QCBS / 007 / 2020
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
- The Federal Government of Nigeria has received financing from the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IEAD) towards the implementation of the Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise in the Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project. This project is aimed at enhancing income, job creation and food security through Agribusiness enterprise development in a sustainable manner for the Niger Delta region.
- LIFE-ND intends to apply part of the funding to eligible payments under the contract for consultancy service for the preparation of detailed prototype designs and development of BOQ for typical market infrastructure rehabilitation / construction for the LIFE-ND Project.
- Accordingly, the National Project Coordinating Office LIFE-ND invites reputable Consulting firms with proven competence and experience to submit proposals for the execution of the services as stated above.
Consulting Services (“The Services”) Consist of the Following:
- The objective of the assignment is to provide architectural and engineering services to ensure that the surveys, designs and technical specifications for the rehabilitation / maintenance and construction of agribusiness infrastructure for LIFE-ND are prepared to meet appropriate standards for climate resilient infrastructure and that the infrastructure is constructed in accordance with the plans and specifications and otherwise in accordance with sound technical standards.
The specific objectives of this consultancy are to:
- Undertake the required studies and surveys to inform the final design of the following agri-business infrastructure
- Water resources based Infrastructures – Groundwater infrastructure (deep wells), including mini water scheme (borehole with submersible pump, overhead tank, generator room, generator and battery of taps).
- Irrigation system infrastructures, including: (01 – 1.0Ha) surface irrigation system, Tube wells
- Mini lauding jetties
- Prepare the designs for the infrastructures using the information produced by the surveys and studies, as reviewed and accepted by LlFE-ND and relevant stakeholders
- Prepare the designs for ancillary infrastructure (waste to wealth – bio digesters, briquette machines) that will promote climate smart agriculture using the information produced by he surveys and studies, as reviewed and accepted by LIFE-ND and relevant stakeholders
- Preparation of bill of quantities priced and un-priced
- Agro and processing Buildings – Aggregation Centers, Ventilated Improved Pit (VIP) latrine – Agro Processing infrastructure for array of enterprises (Cassava, Rice, Fish, Cocoa, etc).
- Animal Buildings – Poultry, Goatry and Piggery
- Aquaculture infrastructure -Earth ponds, Concrete fish ponds, Fish farm buildings housing – plastic tanks, poly fibre tanks
- Earth roads including culverts and bridges
Check these Free Online Courses with Certification
Three consulting firms will be engaged to undertake the tasks in line with LIFE-ND project in line with LIFE-ND project menu as follows:
Consulting Firm A
Will undertake the following prototype design tasks:
- Water resources based infrastructures – Groundwater infrastructure (deep wells), including mini water scheme (borehole with submersible pump, overhead tank, generator room, generator and battery of taps);
- Irrigation system infrastructures, including: (01-1.0 Ha) surface irrigation system, Tube wells; Earth road including culverts and bridges; Mini landing jetties.
Consulting Firm B
Will undertake the following prototype design taks:
- Agro Processing infrastructure for array of enterprises (Cassava, Rice, Fish, Cocoa eta);
- Cooling facilities; designs for ancillary infrastructure (waste to wealth – bio digesters, briquette machines)that will promote climate smart agriculture.
Consulting Firm C
Will undertake the following prototype design tasks:
- Agro and processing Building – Aggregation Centers, Ventilated Improved Pit (VIP) latrine;
- Animal Buildings – Poultry, Goatry and Piggery; Aquaculture infrastructure – Earth ponds, Concrete fish ponds, Fish farm buildings housing – plastic tanks, poly fibre tanks.
- Evidence of Certificate of Incorporation with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) including form CAC 2 and CAC 7
- Evidence of Company Income Tax clearance certificate for the last three (3) years (2017, 2018 & 2019) valid till 31st December, 2020
- Evidence of current Pension Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020
- Evidence of current Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020
- Evidence of current Nigeria Social Insurance Trust Fund (NSITF) Compliance Certificate valid till 31st December, 2020
- Company’s Audited Accounts for the last three (3) years (20l7, 2018 & 2019)
- Evidence of financial capability to execute the project by submission of Reference Letter from a reputable commercial bank in Nigeria indicating willingness to provide credit facility for the execution of the consulting services when needed.
- Company profile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified Consulting Firms can obtain the Proposal document by sending a mail to: [email protected] and [email protected] requesting for the proposal document for the consultancy service for the preparation of detailed prototype designs and development of BOQ for typical market infrastructure rehabilitation/construction for the LIFE-ND Project.
Find other Related Jobs in Nigeria
Instructions regarding the preparation and submission of the proposal are contained in the RFP document. Proposals must be delivered to the address below:
The National Project Coordinator,
IFAD Assisted Livelihood Improvement Family Enterprise – Niger Delta (LIFE-ND) Project,
6, Woji Road, GRA Phase 2,
Rivers State, Nigeria.
Email: [email protected] and [email protected]
- Late proposals will be rejected.
- Proposals will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ or representatives, who choose to attend at the address above on 3rd September, 2020 at 10.00am local time
Thursday 3rd September, 2020 by 10.00 am local time.
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.