World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Job ID: 2208484
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contractual Arrangement: Temporary appointment under Staff Rule 420.4
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 12 months
Organization: AF_NGA Nigeria
Objectives of the Programme
- The mission of WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme (The Programme) is to build the capacity of Member States to manage health emergency risks and, when national capacities are overwhelmed, to lead and coordinate the international health response to contain outbreaks and to provide effective relief and recovery to affected populations.
Description of Duties
- Support the Budget and finance officer to organize the day-to-day financial and administrative operations, including quality control and clearance, participate in financial accounting and reporting, transfers and cash flow monitoring.Ensure timely processing of committal documents in GSM.
- Follow up with State Admin Assistant to ensure payment to vendors and provision of complete justifications for Imprest recording and reconciliation.
- Liaise with the State Admin assistant to ensure follow-up/escalation of requests for payment with GSC/APProvide support for cash handling processes under the emergency to ensure they are aligned to approved procedures Support the BFO (Emergency) in keeping track of expenditure on all awards related to the Emergency Response.
- Track all DI-IPOs and ensure submission of FACE reports for administrative clearance.
- Provide support to Emergency response team on administrative and protocol matters including raising of Travel Requests, Travel claims, R&R etc.
- Perform any other task that may be assigned from time to time.
- Essential: Completion of Secondary education, or supplemented by technical training courses in the field related to the work of the organization. University Degree in Accounting, Business Administration or its equivalent would be an advantage.
- Desirable: Good knowledge of computerized accounting systems and budgets or ERPs
- Essential: Eight (8) years of progressively responsible clerical or administrative work, of which at least three years were closely related to finance/ accounting
- Desirable: Experience in working with bilateral or multilateral international organizations in the country is an advantage.
- Good understanding of the purpose and functions of the WHO Health Emergencies Incident Management System (IMS) and the other offices/sectors with which it interacts;
- Knowledge of technical data and good administrative skills to manage technical projects;
- Ability to use commonly used word processing packages, MS word, excel, etc.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Moving forward in a changing environment
- Producing results.
- WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at NGN10,942,425 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
Application Closing Date
21st September, 2022 (10:59 PM)
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO prides itself on a workforce that adheres to the highest ethical and professional standards and that is committed to put the WHO Values Charter into practice.
- WHO has zero tolerance towards sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA), sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct (i.e., discrimination, abuse of authority and harassment). All members of the WHO workforce have a role to play in promoting a safe and respectful workplace and should report to WHO any actual or suspected cases of SEA, sexual harassment and other types of abusive conduct. To ensure that individuals with a substantiated history of SEA, sexual harassment or other types of abusive conduct are not hired by the Organization, WHO will conduct a background verification of final candidates.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
You can also check the following
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know