APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Information Exchange Advisor
Req ID: api-40715
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Strategic Information
- PHIS3 seeks a Health Information Exchange Advisor to support Health Informatics activities.
- The Health Information Exchange Advisor will supervise the interoperability of the various national Health Information Systems (HIS) platforms.
- He will also be involved in the management, enhancement, development and deployment of the Laboratory Information Management systems (LIMS).
- S/He will provide technical and strategic direction and support to the project team to scale up of interoperability of health information systems at all levels of the health system.
- S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC, and other stakeholders to build capacity in Health Informatics Health Information Exchange Advisor lead reports directly to the Health Informatics lead in activity implementation and management.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistant to ensure the implementation, adaptation, and improvement of national interoperable electronic HIS platforms, to capture, store and transmit patient-level or service-based data
- Lead development and enhancement of data use and data visualization on the assigned HIS platform.
- Build technical capacity of MOH staff to manage and upgrade the assigned national HIS platforms.
- Develop and routinely update all processes, standard operating procedures and documents for software management for the organization
- Coordinate unit activities and maintain software architecture standards.
- Participate in the design, implementation, testing, and launching of HIS Solutions by the organization
- Collaborate with the government and other stakeholders by attending TWG meetings and implementing the government’s activities.
- Support the setting up of a pool of HI specialists in the relevant GON Ministries.
- Ensure all unit activities are documented appropriately and made available to the relevant stakeholders.
- Attend designated meetings and make technical presentations in relation to cross-cutting issues at different levels (Team lead meetings, general staff meetings) and with external stakeholders (GON, meetings with Implementing Partners meetings).
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in IT, Computing, Computer Engineering and any other relevant areas. A Master’s is also desirable.
- At least 5 years of experience in health informatics.
- Knowledge of one or more software development methodologies
- Experience in project management of digital health projects
- Experience working with health sector information systems is preferred
- Experience with business process analysis, workflow, requirements specification development, and data modeling.
- Strong knowledge and experience with data extract, transform, and load (ETL) principles, methods, and technology, and the use of application programming interfaces (APIs) for electronic data transfer.
- Knowledge of DHIS 2 data structures, data export capabilities, and API desired.
- Experience with software quality assurance and software development methodologies.
- Experience working on a team in a developing country to create interoperability among information systems, including the use of unique patient identifiers across systems, is desired.
- Thought leadership in the fields of health information systems and/or technology for global health.
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Demonstrated knowledge of strategic planning methodology and documentation processes.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language is highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know