The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Job Title: Lead Compliance Officer
- The Lead Compliance Officer reports to and assists the Senior Director, General Counsel in identifying, prioritizing, and assigning accountability for managing potential threats related to regulatory or policy non-compliance- or ethical misconduct- that could lead to fines or penalties, reputational damage,.
- The position monitors and ensures compliance with internal rules and regulations at all levels in accordance with relevant institutional frameworks, in order to foster an ethical culture and an environment of high integrity in the interactions amongst staff and stakeholders of the OPEC Fund.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulates an annual compliance program, which includes identifying areas for compliance review and creating awareness of the importance of compliance and the risks of violations
- Coordinates the OPEC Fund Compliance Function and manages compliance risk, which includes the risk of legal or regulatory sanctions, material financial loss or loss to reputation that the OPEC Fund may suffer as a result of its failure to comply with law, rules, regulations and standards
- Ensures institutional compliance with laws and regulations in every aspect, including governance, internal structure, decision-making processes, principles of procurement and principles of corporate social responsibility, access to information policy, sustainability reporting and adherence to internal instructions
- Ensures operational compliance in every aspect, including compliance with guidelines on Know Your Customer (KYC), Anti-Money Laundering, terrorist financing and tax evasion, as well as compliance in relation to the development of new products or business practices. This also covers assessing integrity risks related to projects financed by the OPEC Fund and to stakeholders that the OPEC Fund works with, including entities responsible for the implementation of projects financed by the OPEC Fund
- Monitors professional conduct compliance in every aspect and investigates violations relating to conflict of interest, insider trading and compliance with the Codes of Conduct established for the Board, Management and Staff
- Ensures compliance with regulatory regimes, particularly in respect of the borrowing program, including reporting requirements, relevant market regulations, and related administrative tasks to avoid liabilities
- Conducts periodic compliance review in accordance with an approved annual work plan and provides specialist guidance on the required action-plans for addressing significant deviations identified in the review, resolving complex or contentious queries and issues; and enabling others to take appropriate actions
- Liaises with peer institutions to regularly identify best practices that could inform the review and update of OPEC Fund internal and external integrity policies
- Works with external stakeholders (authorized officials of partner countries/institutions, law firms and other counterparties) and internal stakeholders (OPEC Fund departments/units) Carries out other tasks assigned by the Senior Director, General Counsel that are related to the job function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Law and Admission to the Bar or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience, including five years at a senior level
- Preferably up to two years of experience at an international development finance institution/ international law firm.
- Ability to independently manage the Compliance Function, contribute to the development of the work program, conduct compliance reviews and monitor the implementation of agreed action plans
- Ability to coordinate a complex range of activities with a view to achieving departmental objectives
- Fluent in English. A good working knowledge of other major languages is an added advantage
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, teamwork and analytical skills, as well as high level of integrity and drive for achieving results
- Demonstrable ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- East tips on how to write a motivation letter
- Why you Need a Good CV and Cover Letter
- 27 Easy Tips on How to Prepare for an Interview
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.