The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigerian’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
For the extension of the ongoing project, CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill below position:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Project type: Fixed
Duration: 12 months with possible extension
- CHAD is looking for Monitoring & Evaluation Officer for our area office in Borno state, North-East Nigeria.
- The role of the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer is to establish and implement systems that promote evidence-based decision-making, program and project performance, and internal management.
- S/he will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on program scale, relevance, and effectiveness.
- Within this context, the M&E officer will be providing technical support to the program staff pertaining to M&E and build capacity in the sector by identifying and supporting the implementation of effective, cost-efficient and meaningful M&E systems.
- The officer is to reports to the Head of the Program.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff leads the process to establish regional office program level M&E and accountability (Community Accountability Response Mechanism) systems.
- Lead the development of guidance and frameworks for the office procedures, policies and processes that assist in institutionalizing and supporting M&E.
- Participate in program design and proposal discussions, including the theory of change development, log frame design, and budgeting for M&E.
- Participate in the regional office for strategy discussions to ensure M&E remains a high priority in the Programme.
- Provide leadership, support to technical advisors, project, and area managers in planning and standardizing M&E across projects.
- Support project managers and coordinators through the development of data collection methodology and tools, and systems for on-going data analysis.
- Develop a data management system for Programme and M&E data.
- Ensure that monitoring data are fed into management decisions and used in Programme management.
- Lead internal improvement processes (M&E matrixes, Macro Log Frames etc.) according to need.
- Encourage and support the absorption of lessons and recommendations at the office, and emerging from various AO (grant reviews, after-action reviews, grant closures) and CO events (evaluations, assessments, technical visits, learning reviews)
- Facilitate data analysis and improving program staff data literacy (and usage of the institutional platform geared toward this) that supports strategic decision making.
- Encourage community meetings/orientations at the project start-up.
- Supervise and support in executing M&E plans, and Accountability systems of CHAD Int’l.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in creating and leading the implementation of M&E systems for an NGO
- At least 3 years’ experience working in an emergency or post-conflict setting
- Thorough experience with and knowledge of principles and current approaches to monitoring and evaluation in relief and development programs, using both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making
- Demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring and other formal and non-formal methods
- High-level English language proficiency (speaking, reading, writing) and the knowledge of native language (Hausa, Kanuri, Shuwa) is a plus
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,)
- The knowledge of ODk tool for data collection will be an added advantage.
- Strong knowledge of Power BI, Commcare, Kobo Toolbox, SPSS, MySQL, R Language and Tableau is highly desired.
Personal Qualities and skills:
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Planning and delivering results
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” and submit to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the emai.
- Application is strictly on the email provided. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer.
- CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;