APIN Public Health Initiatives Limited/Gte, formerly known as AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria is a non-governmental organization registered with the Nigerian Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). APIN has built a strong partnership with the Nigerian Government, which is memorialized through a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the National Planning Commission. APIN is a leading Nigerian organization in the provision of prevention, care and treatment services to patients with HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis; Malaria; Reproductive Health; Family Planning; Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, and other non-communicable diseases of public health significance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance Lead
Req ID: api-07858
Department: Strategic Information
- As an Epidemiologist, you will: Develop, implement and evaluate the standard and novel approaches for the epidemiology and surveillance of HIV/AIDS and TB, including epidemiologic studies, surveillance activities, and surveys in clinical settings, in general populations, and in key populations highly affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Lead, plan, direct, and advise on a broad portfolio of intramural and extramural activities to characterize persons at risk for HIV infection, who recently acquired AIDS, who have AIDS-related morbidities, and/or who are being treated for HIV/AIDS and who may be receiving prophylactic treatment for the prevention of HIV transmission.
- Lead and oversee program policy and guidelines to be translated to systems and levels to determine the most efficient and effective methods to improve the collection, management, analysis, and use of HIV/AIDS and TB surveillance and survey information. Provide expert advice, consultation, and guidance to improve epidemiology, surveillance, and surveys of HIV/AIDS and TB.
- Support and strengthen global and country capacity to conduct surveillance and surveys, to use surveillance and survey data to monitor and evaluate HIV/AIDS prevention, care, treatment programs, health system strengthening, other related global health programs, and health systems through the development of standards, guidelines, curricula, and other tools.
- The successful candidate will work to ensure the effective utilization of national health information systems to generate high-quality surveillance data and decision-making.
- S/He will coordinate and liaise with government agencies, other donor-funded projects, implementing partners, CDC, and other stakeholders to build capacity in and management of the surveys and surveillance projects. The Monitoring, Evaluation & Surveillance lead reports to the Deputy Project Director in activity implementation and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, roll out, and manage all monitoring, evaluation, and surveillance activities for the project.
- Lead the design and roll-out of strategies to strengthen the implementation of Recency, CBS, Mortality / Drug Resistance Surveillances
- Lead the planning, design and implementation of large Surveys.
- Support Government of Nigeria to strengthen HIV Monitoring, Evaluation, and Surveillance systems
- Lead the team that will build the capacity of Implementing Partners, supported facilities, GON Stakeholders and project staff in collecting, utilizing, and disseminating Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance data.
- Lead the development and update of technical guides and other governance documents for Monitoring, Evaluation and Surveillance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Qualification and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Information Science, Public Health, Statistics, Health Informatics, or a related field
- At least 8 years of experience working in surveillance at the national levels for USG-funded projects or other donor-funded programs
- At least 4 years of experience at a managerial or advisor level, providing guidance and supervision in the implementation of strategies or methods
- Strong written and oral communication skills for high-level policy audiences (writing examples may be required).
- Excellent coordination and information management skills.
- The ability to work well under pressure; skilled at change management, crisis management, and problem-solving.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with users and various stakeholders (local and international); developed cultural awareness and innovation sense.
- Excellent ability in spoken and written English with high-level proficiency in a second language highly preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently
Application Closing Date
22nd September, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know