The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) is an independent body, established by the Electric Power Sector Reform Act of 2005 to undertake technical and economic regulation of the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry. The Commission is to, among others license operators, determine operating codes and standards, establish customer rights and obligations and set cost reflective industry tariffs. The Commission has its head quarters in Abuja.
Applications are invited from suitable candidates to join our team in an exciting career of regulating the Nigerian Electricity Supply Industry in the position below:
Job Title: Principal Manager, Internal Audit
Division: Office of the Chairman
- Conduct pre-payment audit in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Commission policies and procedures.
- Examine financial transactions for compliance with the Commission’s policies and applicable laws and regulations.
- Evaluate financial and operational procedures to assure adequate internal controls are present.
- Develop, document, implement, test and maintain a comprehensive internal audit plan inclusive of timelines and milestones.
- Evaluate progress of the implementation of Audit plan.
- Design a system of internal controls to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and the Commission’s policies and procedures.
- Design a risks identification framework.
- Design an effective data collection mechanism for activities of Internal Audit.
- Identify/evaluate the Commission’s risk areas and make appropriate recommendation for improvement.
- Prepare necessary reports for the Commission.
- Work with External Auditors on statutory audit and compliance of the Commission’s policies and other relevant regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Head, Audit.
Minimum Qualifications / Skills
- BA/B.Sc./MBA in Accounting, Finance and other related fields.
- Chartered accountant with proven experience as an Internal Auditor.
- Attention to detail, integrity, Organisational and planning skills, leadership skills, teamwork with proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws rules and regulations.
- Minimum years of experience: 15 years in a related field
Application Closing Date
12:00 Midnight: 15th July, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to Start Application Online
- To start the application, create an account on the register page.
- Check your email for the verification link, click on it to verify your account.
- Complete the application step by step, the platform allows you to Save and continue later, so you can complete the application at your own pace.
- Applicants should please note that this is a completely online application process, and no paper application and CVs should be sent to the Commission.
- Applicants are required to submit only ONE (1) application and multiple applications shall result in a disqualification of the applicant.
- Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted for the next process of the recruitment exercise.
- All successful candidates will be contacted via email or phone number.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know