Society for Family Health (SFH) is one of the leading non-governmental public health organisations in Nigeria, implementing programmes in Reproductive Health/Family Planning, HIV & AIDS prevention and treatment, malaria prevention and treatment, primary health care system strengthening and maternal, newborn and child health care. We work in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, the Global Fund, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Department for International Development (DFID), Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, MSD for Mothers and Children Investment Fund Foundation among other international donors.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Advisor
- The Programme Advisor will directly oversee the activities of the Access to health and manages the clinical service unit of SFH.
- He/She will directly lead the state-level activities in several states and with the state coordinators, coordinate the clinic/PHC activities from the HQ.
- He/She will directly interface with all participating state Health insurance commissions and represent SFH in all Health Finance activities. The programme advisor will ensure the unit is viable and sustainable financially over time.
The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
- Lead the SFH Access to Health Initiative in all participating states and at the national level.
- Coordinate the SFH clinical service unit.
- Lead in all SFH Universal Health/health financing initiative.
- Ensure long-term program strategy development and delivery in all SFH program areas ( Family Planning, Maternal and Child Health, HIV/AIDS and other non-communicable diseases) in the PHCs;
- Provides leadership and oversight for designing, planning, marketing, promotion, delivery, and monitoring and evaluation of all programs, products and services and ensures program/project integration.
- Ensure the Access to Health initiative is self-sustaining and sustainable in the long run.
Qualifications / Experience
- A minimum of MBBS degree and Masters in Public Health, Health Management, Health Financing or MBA
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with progressively increasing responsibility designing, implementing, managing, and leading PHCs or Hospitals.
- Previous working experience in HMO/Hospital Management will be of added advantage
- Demonstrate ability through previous experience to establish and maintain productive working relationships with a wide network of partners and stakeholders including government functionaries
- Demonstrate ability to manage team performance
Skills and Competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge and skill in PHC and clinic management
- Knowledge of Health Insurance scheme
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Coordination skills
- Managerial skills
- Analytical skills
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.) and knowledge of database management.
Application Closing Date
13th December, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;