NewGlobe supports visionary governments to transform public education systems, the cornerstone of a prosperous, equitable, and peaceful society. With a comprehensive system transformation platform and data-driven educational services, NewGlobe delivers rapid and dramatic improvements in learning outcomes at state and nationwide scale. Through building impactful partnerships and programmes, NewGlobe ensures that all children have access to an education that will develop their full potential and create a foundation for growth and prosperity.
NewGlobe leverages more than a decade of educational experience and proven impact in integrated school management, teacher professional development, instructional design innovation, technological system support, child-centered classroom practice, and parent engagement – all grounded in learning science – to ensure each teacher is empowered to engage children in transformational learning, and all children have the opportunity to develop to their full potential. Every day, NewGlobe supports governments to solve what were once seen as intractable problems, and by doing so, ensures this generation will be able to grow up to lead more fulfilled lives, while simultaneously building economic prosperity for themselves, their communities, and the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Regional Director, Talent Acquisition
- Talent Acquisition is responsible for bringing together purpose-driven, inspirational talent from diverse backgrounds to ensure we have the right team to deliver on our goals.
- We are proactive and data-driven problem solvers, and actively work as ambassadors for our work, sharing our successes, and inviting selected leaders to join our teams. To deliver on the promise of empowering teachers to succeed, and supporting all children to learn, the work all our teams do is all encompassing.
- We need team members who are ready to challenge their minds and hearts each day. We need bright minds who want to be part of building a new globe, a more equitable globe, to join us.
- We are rigourous in our section and evaluation processes, and then own a very warm welcome to those who join us, ensuring successful onboarding. We deliver excellence in candidate and new employee experience throughout this process. We pride ourselves on seeing the team members we bring build long-lasting and successful careers with us.
About the Role
- This role will oversee all hiring across various programmes within our Nigeria region; designing and executing Talent Acquisition strategies for hiring across all areas within the group. With a dual reporting line directly into our VP, Talent Acquisition and Group MD, Nigeria, this role requires the ability to develop and oversee a regional talent network that can keep pace with NewGlobe’s tremendous growth across the region, and build a strong employer brand that will attract the best and brightest.
- As the Regional Director, Talent Acquisition (Nigeria), you are a critical leadership member of both the Nigeria region and the global Talent Acquisition group.
- You will manage all Group Nigeria (current and future) Talent Acquisition Managers – as well our hiring systems, processes and solutions for the group’s hiring.
- You will have the opportunity to join and shape a fast-scaling global organisation, playing key functional oversight of hiring across levels within programmes in Nigeria, which are both Government partnerships and our own Community Schools (Bridge), as well as take the lead on hiring for executive roles within the region.
- You’re an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking. These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life.
- A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of the current talent acquisition process from the get-go.
- You must be comfortable evaluating processes and creating new ones, thriving in idea generation and execution.
- You will be able to thrive as a hands-on and dynamic and talent acquisition leader, capable of thinking strategically, building talent networks, and overseeing hiring for a high-growth region.
What You Will Do
- Mentor, coach and lead a team of talent acquisition managers located across Nigeria; advancing their capability to attract, pipeline, engage and assess candidates more effectively, bringing in and nurturing the strongest talent possible, not just recruit.
- Carry out executive searches and headhunt for key leadership positions in Nigeria.
- Design and implement the group’s hiring strategy – around sourcing and hiring practices, talent attraction, employer branding, outreach and partnership programs and internships.
- Review current processes objectively, and relentlessly focus on iteration – across quality of hire, time to hire and experience.
- As both Group Nigeria and (global) Talent Acquisition leadership, contribute and lead in broader initiatives across NewGlobe – including partnering Group Nigeria leadership around key initiatives and growth across our various Nigerian programmes.
- Collaborate with Talent leadership across various Shared Service and global projects – across candidate experience, employer branding, talent analytics and other initiatives.
- Guide senior stakeholders and hiring groups by providing valuable insight and hiring and employment data.
- Champion best practices of talent acquisition, embody these and oversee the same across our Talent Acquisition team in Nigeria, across a very high level usage of systems, processes and hiring quality.
- Instill an experience focused approach; coach and mentor a team on meticulous candidate and stakeholder management, delivering rich experiences internally and externally.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s Degree with superior academic performance.
- 5+ years within Talent Acquisition, with 2 years+ being with a recruiting leadership capacity.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven Talent Acquisition organization (in-house / corporate or agency), as well as in designing and implementing talent acquisition solutions encompassing talent attraction and outreach programmes to build for longer-term talent pipeline.
- Extensive headhunting / direct recruitment experience, particularly with building diverse teams.
- Curiosity, grit and a relentless spirit to uncover talent across our Nigeria region.
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations.
- Experience with establishing and maintaining C-level relationships, internally and externally, demonstrating the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A networking mastermind – You excel at meeting new people and turning them into advocates. You communicate in a clear, conscientious, and effective way in both written and oral speech. You can influence strangers in the course of a single conversation. Allies and colleagues will go to bat for your ideas. You have an existing network from prior experience in the country, preferably in the regulatory, education, or business sectors.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, NewGlobe works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know