United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sales Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job
The Team’s Objectives:
- Manage existing relationships with banks in Nigeria and Africa to drive transaction origination revenue generation, and global account management.
- Prospect correspondent banking opportunities in UBA presence countries.
- Work in collaboration with UBA UK and UBA America to originate trade and foreign currency transactions from local banks across Africa, in line with UBA risk appetite.
- Grow trade risk volumes and generate attractive Income.
- Prepare Credit Approval Memorandum for new credits and renewals for existing credit lines.
- Process the approval of credit requests from UBA America, UBA UK and UBA Subsidiaries.
- Provide global account coverage for local Banks in Nigeria and across Africa, ensuring that the risk we are undertaking are measured, monitored, and managed within exposure limits.
- Provide best in class service to all customers both internally and externally i.e. attending and resolving customer service issues as they arise.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop relationships that will increase transaction volume in the countries of focus.
- Monitor and appraise financial performance of banks periodically i.e. every quarter or annually.
- Ensure quick resolution of trade issues, service issues and complaints between counterparty banks and all service providers within the group.
- Keep abreast of all economic and socio –political events in these countries with a view to analyzing its impact on the business, positively or otherwise.
- Support UBA subsidiary banks by facilitating the processing of their credit request for counterparty lines for banks operating in their respective countries and regions. Appraise all Deposit Placement Lines and FX requests from UBA Plc Treasury and UBA subsidiaries in Africa and recommend qualifying requests for the Division Head’s approval.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- A University degree
- Additional professional qualification is an added advantage
- Core Banking or a Finance Analyst related role in a financial Institution.
- Corporate Banking, Trade Operations/Services and or correspondent Banking Experience.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;