The Center for Community and Health Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigerian’s rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
For the extension of the ongoing project, CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill below position:
Job Title: Security Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Contract
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract duration: 12 Months with possible extension.
Security Networking with Key Actors:
- Under the supervision of CHAD Centre Manager, you are responsible for the development and implementation of security plan, monitoring and control of the safety and security of the people, goods and progammes.
- You improve contextual analysis, support operational management and strengthen the security capacities of the mission.
- Establish, develop and maintain relations and a network of contacts allowing the collection of information related with the humanitarian access and context, specifically in the areas of intervention; and provide update to CHAD Management.
- Represent CHAD in state or sector security meeting
Monitor / Reporting / Communication:
- Assess the security situation in Nigeria (focus on North East) by collecting information from formal and informal network and/or the team and/divers’ media (social media, blogs, webpages, etc.)
- Collect information on humanitarian access and report regularly to the line manager.
- Report immediately to the management any sudden changes on the access and security in the areas where CHAD operates.
- Prepare regular written reports on context, security and humanitarian access and share them with the line manager.
- Update context part in the monthly/weekly sitreps
- Support Field Coordinators in understanding context analysis, network development & social structure of local communities where CHAD are operates.
- Ensure overall coordination with the Program, Administration and Logistics Departments
- Ensure proper debriefing of visitors, new staff and associates(volunteers) on the current circumstance of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking a precautionary measure to guarantee the health and safety of all CHADs staff and volunteers.
- Facilitate the proper circulation of security information and context analysis on the mission.
- Ensure prepare debriefing with each team members coming back project site on current security situation.
- Provide information and training for field staff in security procedure and management tools, communication procedures and tools for safety.
- Support logistics department in monitoring of movements and tracking the movements of office vehicles, office gadgets, and movement logbooks.
- Ensure that visitors’ book is properly recorded and documented along with the visitor’s tag.
- Participation in external Security and Access coordination meetings.
- Degree in Criminology, Peace and Security Studies, International Relations, Political Science or related subject.
- Knowledge of Northeast security context
- Excellent analytical skills, writing and speaking of English language is a must while knowledge of local language Hausa/ Kanuri will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working with NGO in high-risk humanitarian context at operational, logistical, security positions.
- Demonstrable knowledge of project management and knowledge of security management methodologies and tools for humanitarian missions.
- Excellent knowledge of MS office applications
- Basics in geographical information system (GIS)
- Demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security;
Application Closing Date
20th August, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit no more than 3-pages CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to “Human Resource Officer” and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the emai.
- Application is strictly on the email provided. Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted.
- CHAD Intl is an equal opportunity employer.
- CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others.
- All employees of CHAD Int’l will to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
Before applying for this job, it is very important you learn the following;