Google is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. True, we share attributes with the world’s most successful organizations – a focus on innovation and smart business practices comes to mind – but even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Google, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, bonus, and equity components, along with the opportunity to earn further financial bonuses and rewards.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Strategic Partner Development Manager, Search Product Partnerships
Location: Lagos Nigeria
About the Job
- The Search, Geo, Commerce, and Ads (SGCA) Partnerships team manages content partnerships (e.g. data licensing agreements to showcase better content to users) and actions integrations (e.g. collaborations to let users do things such as reserve a table) for Google’s products in several areas including: Search, Assistant, Geo (Maps, Local), News and Publishing, Research and Machine Intelligence, as well as Chrome/Web, Developer Products, Identity, and Lens.
- As a Strategic Partner Development Manager within Search Product Partnerships focusing on Sub-Saharan Africa, you will develop and work on partnerships strategies that enable Search to meet its product goals across a number of verticals. You’ll work closely with product leaders and cross-functional teams to source, facilitate, and execute complex strategic agreements for Google, as well as develop go-to market strategy for scaling new ecosystems.
- You will collaborate across Google with the Global Partnerships teams, product owners, and other stakeholders outside of your immediate team. You will put our customers at the heart of decisions.
- Partner closely with Product and other cross-functional teams to drive Search-related product partnerships in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Manage complex agreements with external partners to license high-quality data for the purpose of building or extending new, engaging Search features.
- Design and lead growth strategy for Search in Sub-Saharan Africa, across multiple verticals and product initiatives.
- Design and implement processes and policies to improve Google’s ability to partner globally; ensure partners are fulfilling their contractual obligations and that Google is providing the required support for them.
- Manage coordination with internal cross-functional teams (e.g. Product, Engineering, Policy, PR, Marketing, Legal, Operations, Finance) and other business development teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in business development, negotiations, and/or partner management.
- Experience in the media, telecom, or technology sector in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently.
- Experience working within the Search ecosystem/industry.
- Experience as a strategic thought-leader in business development, partnerships, product management, general management, and/or sales.
- Demonstrated success at working with cross-functional teams and building strong relationships across departments including sales, marketing, business development, engineering, and product management.
- Strategic, structured thinker with the ability to articulate new concepts and business models that are unique to Africa’s emerging markets to a global cross-functional team.
- Demonstrated analytical and reasoning skills with the ability to structure partnership models and work with technical, contractual, and financial issues.
- Effective relationship-building, facilitation, and communication skills.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location for this position from the following: Johannesburg, South Africa; Lagos, Nigeria.
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know