In this post, we’ll clearly deal with all the details regarding how you can study abroad in Cyprus in 2020. How this experience can be into the cheapest possible extent and yet the most educative and as well as thrilling. We give as a guide this article to enable you to acquire the requisite information. Perhaps you may have heard how difficult it is to study abroad, but we’ll simplify the whole process here.
How to Study Abroad in Cyprus for Free in 2020
In this article, you will discover why Cyprus should be your destination if you want to study abroad, the cost of living in Cyprus as an international student, cheap universities in Cyprus, as well as scholarships in Cyprus for international students in 2020. In addition, it contains the Cypriot student visa requirement and the necessary documents needed to be a Cypriot student. If this is your desire, then you’re welcome aboard!!!
Things You Need to Know Before Studying Abroad in Cyprus as an International Student
Cyrus is indeed very welcoming and offers a one of a kind experience for any international student seeking to study abroad especially in the Mediterranean. Home to brilliantly blue and sunny beaches, luxurious hotels, and an excellent educational system in Cyprus. A relishing history and harmonious multiculturalism make Cyprus a prime location for tourists and international students who would later enjoy all the benefits of combining education, work and pleasure.
Here are things you need to know before you studying abroad in Cyprus
Know the school
With a lot of schools willing to offer you admission in Cyprus, not following the prescribed steps may disqualify you. This means that you should keep close tabs on your dream school. Get to know what documents and grades are accepted in their admissions and also get in contact with their admissions office so you can monitor a bit closer how your application goes.
Do your homework
Not to pamper you with fables, studying in Cyprus as an international student starts from having a strong desire to do so. If you’re ready, let see how. You may be unfamiliar with the education system over there and this is why you have us. Cypriot universities generally have intakes in February, June and October. So you should most certainly gather together the required documents before the admissions period so you can launch your application once it starts.
- Free Online Courses at Yale University in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses with Certificate of Completion
- Best Schools for Aerospace Engineering, 2020
- Free online Courses for Developing Countries in 2020-2021
- Free Online Courses from Harvard University in 2020-2021
- Short Courses in Nigeria 2020-2021
- 10 Best Online Photography Courses in 2020-2021
Get access to over 1000 free online courses
Study Abroad in Cyprus for free in 2020
Although there are no tuition-free courses, you can study in Cyprus for free or close to that. All students (which includes foreigners) are eligible to gain a scholarship.
Well, no institution in Cyprus is tuition-free however, you can bag a scholarship that covers both tuition and living expenses. So a yes and a no answers this question.
The cost of tuition in Cyprus is relatively less compared to equally standard schools in the European Union. Now that’s the first step. Later in this post, you’ll find how you can cover the little extra expenses using scholarships or a part-time job. Work in Cyprus?? Yes, of course.
Of course, you can. Getting a part-time job helps you as an international student to earn some cash while blending into the culture. You will be allowed 40 hours of work per week during the summer and 20 hours per week during the semester. So without a full scholarship, you’d still pay for your tuition and living cost while blending into the warmth of the Cypriot society.
Cyprus offers a lot of affordable universities for international students. Cost of living in Cyprus is cheaper than in 50% of countries in the middle east. Starting from the campus environment to the neighboring societies, almost everywhere in this Mediterranean country is cheap.
Well yes, most schools in Cyprus would require a good IELTS score from you as a show of your proficiency in English.
Cheap Universities in Cyprus for International Student
Below is a list of some cheap universities in Cyprus for international student
- University of Cyprus – EUR 3500
- Eastern Mediterranean University – EUR 3000
- Frederick University – EUR 5000
- Cyprus University of Technology – EUR 3200
- University of Nicosia – EUR 8000
- Cyprus college – EUR5400
- Others are Cyprus International University (CIU), Near East University (NEU), European University Cyprus, University of Kyrenia.
Get a piece of well detailed information on free universities in Cyprus for international students.
Cost of Living in Cyprus as an International Student
Cost of living in Cyprus as an international student may vary based on your country. For very developed economies, Cyprus presents a cheaper residence for international students to study, whereas for lesser economies it might just be a stalemate or slightly higher. Note that rent cost is 50% cheaper in Cyprus than in the US. For surprisingly high standard resorts.
What is the Average Cost of Living?
The general cost of living falls within 300 to 650 EUR on a monthly basis. This also is considerably less compared to other European countries. A majority of the colleges own their dormitories costing an average cost of 150EUR per month. Inclusive of utility costs, an international student can live happily with about 500 euros monthly. Cost of living in Cyprus is 18.29% lower than in the US.
What are the cheapest cities in Cyprus for international students?
You’re in great luck as Cyprus is home to the cheapest city in Europe – Paphos. Not so surprising is it? Well other cities you may likely consider in your choice of location are listed: Paphos, Limassol, Nicosia, Larnaca, Famagusta.
Scholarships in Cyprus for International Students 2020
Gaining a scholarship to study abroad in Cyprus makes it almost a luxury ride living there. This being due to the high standard but cheap life. There are lots of scholarships reserved for interested international students. Although Cyprus maintains reserved full paid scholarships for excellent students, there are lots of others available to everyone. This includes both postgraduate and undergraduate degree programs.
Government Scholarships for International Students
The Cyprus government invests its riches in developing its educational system to full potential. Spending more than 7% of its GDP on the educational system it provides an impeccable standard for its institutions. Albeit this fact, scholarships are predominant among the individual universities themselves or other foundations as is detailed below.
University Scholarships in Cyprus for International Students
In this category, we have tons of free money distributed by universities. To get any of these you’ll first need to have secured an admission spot at the school before making an application for the scholarship. All these ensure that your study abroad in Cyprus is done without fuss.
Some scholarships you may be interested in to cut down your expenses include:
Neapolis University Scholarships for BSc in Civil Engineering
The Neapolis University Paphos (NUP) is one of the most popular private universities in Cyprus. A large number of international students from around the world enroll here to pursue bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and urban development. This scholarship covers about 25 to 50% of your annual tuition fee.
The British University of Cyprus Scholarship for BSc Honorary Degree in Mathematics
In Pyla, Larnaca, is the University of Central Lancashire in Cyprus, also known as the British University of Cyprus. Quite new (established about six years ago), this school is one of the best places to study Mathematics in Europe. Backed by a generous scholarship offer.
The University of the West of Scotland Scholarship for Master’s Degree Students
The University of the West of Scotland in partnership with the Management Centre of the Mediterranean offers this scholarship for all Master’s Degree programs provided by the university. This scholarship pays off 60% of your tuition fee for your specific program. Exceptionally gifted candidates may qualify for a merit-based scholarship that covers up to 75% of the tuition fee.
Scholarship of the Cyprus International Institute of Management
Available to both graduate and undergraduate students pursuing a degree in Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Business Administration, and Master of Public Sector Management, among others. Please note that there is one full scholarship in each of these programs, and fifty partial scholarships covering 50% of the tuition fee. The full scholarship amounts to 82,000 EUR.
The Ph.D. Scholarship of The University of Cyprus
This scholarship is paid to Ph. D students on a monthly basis doing research in sociology or political science. It covers nine months of each academic year at EUR 1,330 per month.
Cyprus Institute Dean’s Distinguished Scholarship
If you are a Ph. D student willing to research in fields of Energy, Environment, and Atmospheric Sciences, then this is for you. This scholarship is granted for a period of three years covering registration, tuition and bench fees totaling 16,400 EUR a year, as well as living costs of up to EUR 14,000 a year.
Requirements to Study Abroad in Cyprus 2020
To study abroad in Cyprus, the basic requirement for admission into an undergraduate program in any course is a recognized high school leaving certificate. Some additional requirements are also stipulated. They are however program-specific and may vary between schools.
- GCSE, WASSCE, WAEC, NECO
- Other documents required are:
- A scanned copy of your secondary school certificate
- Scanned copy of your international passport
- Proof of English proficiency
- Passport-sized photograph
- And a full transcript for transfer students.
- Copies of diplomas received from prior tertiary institutions
- Official transcript of all university-level courses taken in your previous university
- Photocopy of your international travel passport
- 6 by 5(cm) passport-sized photograph
- Certification of English proficiency test
Cyprus Visa Requirements
- A fully completed application form.
- An application fee (non-refundable).
- Four (4) passport-size photographs.
- Invitation, acceptance Letter from the university/Institute of Cyprus.
- Attested (certified true) copies of the student’s academic qualifications.
- Evidence of proficiency in English (if possible)
- A photocopy of your international passport. Your passport should be valid for at least one (1) year from the date of your arrival.
- A certificate of good conduct issued by the police of the country of residence. The conduct certificate should be original and not more than six (6) months old. That is, before the beginning of the semester for which you have applied.
- A financial guarantee that your sponsor can handle your living costs and tuition for one academic year. Should be gotten from your sponsor’s bank.
- A most recent CV showcasing your qualities and experience.
Follow this link for more on student visa to study abroad in Cyprus 2020: https://www.cyprusvisa.eu/cyprus-student-visa-requirements.html
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this post.
- Federal Government Scholarships 2020-2021 for Undergraduates and Postgraduates
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000]
- Fully Funded Youth Opportunities for Africans 2020
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship 2020-2021 for Developing Countries (Masters & PhD)
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020-2021
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020-2021
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020-2021
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.