FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Community Health Engagement
Location: Maiduguri, Roving the LGAs (70% LGA, 30% Maiduguri)
Employment Type: Full time
Supervisor: Primary Health Care Coordinator
- The Technical Officer, Community Health Engagement (TO-CHE) will assist the Technical Officer- Health &Nutrition (TO-H&N) in leading the community health and nutrition teams and managing the Community Health program, which includes integrating other sectors like WASH, Nutrition and Protection across the four implementation locations.
- The TO-CHE, jointly with the Technical Officer (H&N), will liaise with local authority structures, particularly Ministry of Health and Locality Health Departments, as well as community management structures (Facility Health Committees) and other local partners. Quality and accountability in all health-related programme areas will be the responsibility of the Technical Officer (H&N) and the Technical 0fficer-CHE will assist in this endeavour.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Jointly with the Technical Officer Health/Nutrition, Technical Officer- Community Health Engagement develops Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for the Community Health (CH) activities for the four implementation locations (Bama, Banki, Damasak, Dikwa, and Ngala) in close consultation and guidance from the PHC Coordinator.
- Work with Health Team in the implementation of CH activities of the health programme based on the DIP & strengthen the sectoral synergy including mainstreaming GBV and child protection.
- Assist the Technical Officer, Health & Nutrition in monitoring and evaluating all Community Health activities adapt interventions as necessary to influence behaviour change.
- Contribute to the overall community health strategy development and innovative approaches to influence behaviour and achieve short-term and long- term impact in the communities that FHI 360 is serving.
- To ensure all FHI 360 and MoH guidelines are adhered to and adapted as necessary.
- To ensure that all volunteers are correctly selected and are functioning as planned and are receiving quality and regular supportive supervision with on-the-job training of the staff based on findings.
- To ensure that the health promotion intervention using thematic health promotion approach is properly functioning in the implementation areas.
- Provide necessary training and technical support to team leaders and volunteers on monitoring tool and reporting.
- Assist the Technical Officer, Health & Nutrition in timely compilation, analysis and distribution of all data relating to Community health activities part of the Health Information Systems (HIS) and submit weekly and monthly narrative reports in order to improve programme activities at the field level.
- Take a leading role in Community health component and engage field team in developing innovative approaches and implementation of the new community health strategies which includes integrated Community Case Management and Home Care for COVID-19 cases for elderly and disabled persons.
- Assist the Technical Officer, Health & Nutrition in organizing and implementation of health training programmes based on the DIP.
- Assist in implementation of programme surveys and assessments as needed.
- Support in Capacity building of the health team, Facility Health Committees, Locality Health Department and other local authority and NGO/CBO partners, including monitoring, support supervision and implementation of the FHI 360 training strategy.
- Provision of strategic input to BOSO for further development of the community health component which contribute to preventive health care for communicable diseases.
- Close coordination and collaboration with the Local Health Department Officials, the Ministries of Health (State level), WFP, UNICEF, UNFPA and other local partners in the areas of community health.
- Input into Donor reports, monthly reports and any additional reports as required in the areas of community health.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Public Health or recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years experience in the program management in the areas of Community Engagement, PHC / Community health in a humanitarian or development programme. Or M.Sc / M.A degree in Public Health or recognized equivalent with 1 – 3 years experience in the program management in the areas of Community Engagement, PHC / Community health in a humanitarian or development programme
- Familiarity with Nigerian public health sector systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Experience in running community based programmes and assessments
- Emergency response experience would be an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good interpersonal, motivational and staff management skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English. Hausa is an added value
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good analytical skills including collection, analysis and interpretation of programme data.
- Excellent health and an ability to live and work in harsh/difficult conditions.
- Previous experience in insecure environments.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Experience and good working knowledge of USAID regulations is an advantage.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
- Experience in liaising with government officials, communities and other local partners, donors and other international agencies.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 70% to hardship locations.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
You can also check the following
- 10 Ways To Make Money Online While Unemployed
- How to Write a Follow Up Email after Submitting Your Resume
- How to Email a Resume and Cover Letter Attachment
- Top 10 Resume Mistakes to Avoid
- 6 Tips That Will Help You to Get Experience for Your Dream Job
- Online Jobs that require little or no experience
- How To Apply For jobs online | 7 Amazing Tips You Need to Know