Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020
The Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020 is open for African Secondary School Students. The program is a fully-funded scholarship. Make do with this opportunity as it will help you or your child secure a good scholarship for undergraduate studies.
What You Need to Know About Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020
Yale Young African Scholars (YYAS) is an intensive academic and enrichment program designed for African secondary school students planning to pursue tertiary education and who wish to make a meaningful impact as young leaders on the continent.
Participants will enhance their academic skills, receive university admission and financial aid application guidance, and join a network of young leaders from across Africa.
Following the eight-day program, students will be paired with mentors who will help advise them throughout the university application process. There are no tuition, meal, or lodging costs for students to participate in YYAS.
YYAS 2020 will be held in three different places:
25 July — 01 August
07 August — 14 August
18 August — 25 August
Eligible Level/Fields of Study
The Yale Young African Scholars is open to students currently in secondary school. They will be offered admission based on the desired course of choice of the student.
The YYAS is an official program of Yale University. The scholar’s program is open to students of all African countries.
However, there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2019-2020“.
The program is a fully-funded one, that is to say, there are no tuition, meal, or lodging costs for students to participate in YYAS.
In order to apply to YYAS, applicants MUST fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Age: You must be at least 14 years old by application deadline (12 February 2020) in order to be considered. Please note that a typical YYAS student is between the ages of 15 and 18.
- English: You must be able to participate in a rigorous academic curriculum conducted in English.
- Citizenship: You must be a citizen or permanent resident of an African country. YYAS will also accept applications from refugees living in an African country.
- School location: You must currently attend school in an African country.
- Graduation date: If you attend school in the Northern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by the earliest May/June 2021. If you attend school in the Southern Hemisphere, you must be graduating secondary school by earliest November/December 2020. Students who will graduate secondary school before August 2020 are NOT eligible to apply.
A Standard YYAS participant includes:
- Excellent academic records
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A desire and ability to work cooperatively with peers
- Persistence and determination when facing challenges
- High standards of personal and professional conduct
- The capacity to read, analyze, and reflect on large quantities of difficult material in English
- Demonstrated maturity and interest in engaging in discussions about intellectual, moral, and political matters in Africa
How to Apply for Yale Young African Scholars Program 2020
|Step 1||Review the YYAS eligibility criteria.|
|Step 2||Review the YYAS application required components.|
|Step 3||Review a PDF of a sample blank application, and start preparing to answer as many application questions as possible.|
|Step 4||You will need to submit contact information for a parent/guardian, teacher, and/or official at your school. Reach out to them as soon as possible to review the PDF of a sample blank application with you, and be sure to collect the information you need.|
Complete the Application:
|Step 5||Once our application opens by the end of October, then you will be able to click APPLY NOWto start your YYAS application. Be sure to write down your email and password to access the application at a later time.|
|Step 6||Check the “Review” page of the application to see if you are missing any required components, and re-visit any pages that require further information.|
|Step 7||Once your application is complete, click on the “Review” page. Next click on the “Submit Application” button at the bottom of the page.|
|Step 8||Check your inbox for a YYAS confirmation receipt that indicates the successful submission of your application. Confirmation emails usually arrive within 24-48 hours of submission, due to occasional delays payment processing.|
Application closes by 11:59pm EST on 12 February 2020.
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this article.
- OPEC/OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries [$50,000](Opens in a new browser tab)
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries
- Gates Cambridge Scholarship Programme 2020 in UK (Fully Funded)(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Adelaide Scholarships International 2020-2021 in Australia(Opens in a new browser tab)
- Boston University Presidential Scholarship 2020-2021 for International Students in the USA
- Latest Scholarships in Nigeria 2019-2020 for Nigerian Students
We hope this article helped you determine what you searched or looking for. You may also like some of our recommended posts above.
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2019 and 2020.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.