Do you want to know the average GPA required for admission to DeVry and the acceptance rate for transfer and freshman applicants? You are in the proper place.
DeVry University is a for-profit university system in the United States. The university was founded in 1931 as DeForest Training School.
It is now the largest for-profit university in North America. The university has five campuses, three of which are located in Illinois, one in Arizona, and one in Florida. DeVry University is not regionally accredited.
Brief History of DeVry University
Private, for-profit DeVry University (/dvra/) has campuses across the US and is headquartered in Naperville, Illinois. The university was established in 1931 by Herman A. DeVry and is recognized by the Higher Learning Commission.
DeVry was established in 1931 as the De Forest Training School in Chicago, Illinois.
Furthermore, Herman A. DeVry, who founded the institution and had previously developed a motion picture projector and created instructional and training films, named it after his friend Lee de Forest.
Initially teaching projector and radio repair, De Forest Training School gradually added instruction in other electronic devices, including televisions.
Also, the college received accreditation to award associate degrees in electronics in 1957 after being renamed DeVry Technical Institute in 1953 following the death of its founder in March 1941.
Additionally, within its six fields of study—accounting, business, healthcare, technology, liberal arts, and media arts & technology—DeVry University provides undergraduate and graduate degrees both on-campus and online.
However, the academic calendar used by DeVry is the same for all undergraduate and graduate degree programs.
The academic year at the university is divided into six eight-week sessions. Most degree programs are available for both associate’s and bachelor’s degrees.
The college also provides various certificate programs in particular subfields, like information technology.
Online programs and courses are also available.
Lastly, since 1998, DeVry has provided online graduate courses and, since 2001, online undergraduate courses.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate And Average GPA
Why Choose DeVry University?
Consider these 12 fascinating facts if you’re considering returning to school and are thinking, “why choose DeVry.”
- Been Teaching Online Classes for 20+ Years
- Awarding More than $45 Million in Student Financial Assistance
- Career Services Are Available to Every Student and Alumni
- Support is Always Within Reach
- Keep the Class Sizes Small
- Programs Are Designed for Busy, Working Adult Students
- More than a Tech School
- Offer 40+ Programs and 85+ Specializations
- Awarded More Than 300,000 Degrees
- Partner with 3,000+ Organizations
- The school is accredited
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What is the DeVry University Acceptance Rate?
As a mid-sized institution, DeVry University accepts about 25,235 students annually. DeVry University has a high acceptance rate of 93 percent, making it a popular choice among applicants worldwide.
Consequently, over 17,936 undergraduate and 7,299 graduate students are enrolled in the university’s various programs. The academic schedule of the university is based on semesters.
What is DeVry University Tuition?
Students at Devry University-Illinois (DeVry University-Illinois) will pay $17,488 in tuition and fees in 2022, while graduate students will pay $17,552.
The average award amount is $4,708, and 88 percent of enrolled undergraduate students have received grants or scholarships. The net price, which includes tuition, fees, the cost of books and supplies, and living expenses, is $33,736 after receiving financial aid.
However, its undergraduate tuition and fees are more ($13,829 – private (for-profit) Master’s College and University (bigger programs)) than those of comparable schools.
This year, DeVry University-Illinois saw a considerable increase in tuition and fees for the 2022 academic year (by more than 10%).
What is DeVry University Transfer Acceptance Rate?
209 transfer undergraduate students were admitted to DeVry University.
This means that gaining entry into DeVry University as a transfer student won’t be as easy as you think.
Therefore, you have to be above-average scores required to be admitted.
What is the DeVry University Acceptance Rate By Major?
DeVry University acceptance rate by major include:
- Business administration, management, and operations- 45.9%
- Business administration and management- 21.6%
- Computer systems analysis/analyst- 5.4%
- Web page, digital/multimedia, and information resources design- 5.4%
- Business/commerce- 5.4%
- Accounting- 5.4%
- Speech communication and rhetoric- 2.7
Read Also: Sophie Davis Acceptance Rate | Requirements & How to Apply
What Are The Necessary Requirements For DeVry University?
Undergraduate Admissions Requirements
- You must be 17 years old on the first day of classes.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- General Educational Development (GED®) certificate
- Post-secondary degree
- Professional Degree
- Submit ACT or SAT examination scores
- Attain appropriate scores on DeVry-administered placement examinations in reading, writing, arithmetic, and algebra
- Submit required documentation
International Applicants Requirements
- Provide certified copies of acceptable documents demonstrating the required level of prior education
- Provide a notarized statement of financial support or a certified government sponsor letter indicating that tuition will be paid in advance of each semester and that a sponsor will provide all necessary living expenses for the international applicant
- Meet requirements for admission of nonnative speakers of English, if applicable
- Meet all other DeVry admission requirements.
- Submit ACT/SAT scores,
- Transcripts of prior college coursework
What are the Transfer Requirements for DeVry University?
The transfer requirements for DeVry University include the following:
- Must be interested in engineering and information sciences, media arts and technology, health sciences, or liberal arts and sciences.
- Must be interested in business and management. Must have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 2.50 from community college-level courses that transfer. Must fulfill DeVry’s entrance standards.
See Also: Virginia Tech Engineering Acceptance Rate | Average GPA, Admission Requirements
What is the GPA Needed to Get into DeVry University?
The average GPA at DeVry University is 3.15. DeVry University-New Jersey requires a GPA. Currently, DeVry University is selective.
Be warned that colleges in this GPA range frequently tighten their admissions standards to gain more “prestige.”
What is the DeVry University Deadline?
The Application deadline for DeVry University is rolling.
What Are Devry University Decision Dates?
Classes start every eight weeks and run in two cycles.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
If you are interested in learning online, then DeVry University is your best choice as it offers many courses online for its students.
I hope this article answers your questions about the acceptance rate of DeVry University and its admission requirements.
- plexuss.com– How many transfer students does DeVry University accept?
- devry.edu– Undergraduate Admissions
- wikipedia.org– DeVry University