The IIT acceptance rate needs to be carefully studied to get a chance at obtaining admission to study in this prestigious technological institution.
Thinking about applying to the Illinois Institute of Technology? They include the average GPA of admitted students in the admissions statistics that you should be aware of.
Chicago, Illinois, is home to the private research university Illinois Institute of Technology (Illinois Tech). It got its first name in 1940 after the Armour Institute and the Lewis Institute merged.
Furthermore, the college offers courses in law, psychology, business, design, engineering, industrial technology, information technology, and science.
Furthermore, Illinois Tech consists of a school (Stuart School of Business), an institute of Design), five colleges (College of Computing, Armour College of Engineering, Lewis College of Science and Letters, College of Architecture, Chicago-Kent College of Law), and several research centers, some of which offer academic programs in addition to the other academic units.
Some solely provide graduate or certificate programs, while others offer undergraduate degrees.
- Why Choose Illinois Institute of Technology?
- What is the IIT Acceptance Rate?
- What is IIT Tuition?
- What is the IIT Transfer Acceptance Rate?
- What is the IIT Acceptance Rate By Major?
- What are the Necessary Requirements for IIT?
- What are the Transfer Requirements for IIT?
- What is the GPA Needed to Get into IIT?
- What is the IIT Deadline?
- What are the IIT Decision Dates?
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Choose Illinois Institute of Technology?
Illinois Tech provides top-notch training for occupations requiring advanced technology knowledge, an innovative attitude, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Also, Illinois Tech offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in engineering, science, architecture, business, design, human sciences, applied technology, and law. It ranks as a Best Value School and among the top National Universities by U.S. News & World Report.
What is the IIT Acceptance Rate?
The college accepts an average of 60% of applicants.
Additionally, the admitted students’ SAT scores range from 1190 to 1400.
See Another School’s Acceptance Rate: Texas State Acceptance Rate And Average GPA
What is IIT Tuition?
The cost of attending the Illinois Institute of Technology is $50,640. Illinois Institute of Technology’s tuition is more expensive than the $41,281 national average.
However, the sticker price, often known as tuition and fees, is included in these numbers. Depending on the university, different fees may go toward supporting campus health centers, student centers, student gyms, and libraries.
Don’t Fail Also to Read: Colby College Acceptance Rate | Admissions, Courses and Scholarships
What is the IIT Transfer Acceptance Rate?
7.93% of the total student population at IIT are transfer students.
IIT received 730 transfer applications in 2022.
However, the school admitted 425 students. Consequently, IIT’s transfer acceptance rate is 58.22%.
This shows how challenging it is to transfer to an IIT.
Also Check Out: Rutgers University Newark Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What is the IIT Acceptance Rate By Major?
The Illinois Institute of Technology acceptance rate by major include:
- Engineering- 51%
- Computer and Information Sciences and Support Services- 21%
- Architecture and Related Services- 10%
- Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services- 4%
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences- 3%
- Physical Sciences- 3%
- Engineering/Engineering-Related Technologies/Technicians- 2%
- Mathematics and Statistics- 2%
- Psychology- 2%
- Social Sciences- 1%
Read Also: Marist College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses, And Scholarship
What are the Necessary Requirements for IIT?
The requirements for IIT include the following:
- The school requires a non-refundable application fee, a completed application, transcripts from each high school attended, college transcripts (if available), and test results.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT I Reasoning) or American College Test scores (ACT). While not a requirement for admission or scholarship applications, the university will consider the math and science sections of the SAT II.
- High school graduates must provide documentation proving they have completed at least 16 units of high school coursework when applying for admission.
- The Illinois Institute of Technology will accept college credits earned in high school.
You Should Also Read: Stanford Transfer Acceptance Rate, Average GPA And Requirements
What are the Transfer Requirements for IIT?
IIT requires several completed documents from transfer students for consideration. They include:
- High School Transcript
- College Transcript
- Essay or Personal Statement
- Standardized Test Scores
- Statement of Good Standing from Prior Institution
IIT also has additional requirements for applying to be a transfer student, including a minimum amount of completed credits.
IIT needs a minimum of 24 credits.
Also, Explore: Kenyon College Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
What is the GPA Needed to Get into IIT?
Many colleges have minimum GPA requirements, but this is frequently the bare minimum needed to apply without it being rejected immediately.
However, the GPA criterion that counts is the GPA you need to have a legitimate possibility of being admitted. We consider the school’s current students’ average GPA for this.
Therefore, the Illinois Institute of Technology needs you to be at the top of your class with a GPA of 3.98. You’ll need to receive almost all A’s to compete with other applications.
Looking for less acceptance rate, check out: Colorado College Acceptance Rate: Admissions, Courses And Scholarships
What is the IIT Deadline?
March 1 is the regular application deadline for admission to Illinois Tech. Students can apply for early action and early decisions if they are interested.
What are the IIT Decision Dates?
Decisions about admissions are made on a rolling basis. An official decision usually takes six to eight weeks after submitting your application through the IIT system.
Check Also: Hamilton College Acceptance Rate and Average GPA
IIT is the best option for those who want to pursue a career in science and technology while living in Illinois.
Regarding exposure, financing for scientific research, curriculum, and work required to get in, studying at IIT is better overall.
We hope this article answers your questions on IIT Acceptance Rate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does IIT Chicago require SAT?
To apply to the Illinois Institute of Technology, you must take the SAT or ACT.
Is IIT Chicago good?
According to The New York Times, the university is ranked second in the US and first in Illinois.
Is IIT Chicago Tier 1 college?
IIT Chicago is a Tier 1 university
Is IIT a party school?
IIT is a very academically oriented institution. Even though there are events and parties on campus, this is not for partygoers.
- campusreel.org– Illinois Institute of Technology Transfers: Requirements, Dates, GPAs & More
- thecollegemonk.com– Illinois Institute of Technology Admission Requirements
- usnews.com– Illinois Institute of Technology Tuition & Financial Aid
- wikipedia.org– Illinois Institute of Technology