OPEC-OFID Scholarship Application Guidelines 2020-2021
The OPEC-OFID Scholarships 2020-2021 for Developing Countries is currently ongoing and the scholarship is open to students around the world. The OFID scholarships for developing countries are open for master degree studies.
About the OPEC-OFID Scholarship 2020
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) is the intergovernmental financial institution for development established in 1976 by the member states of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). OFID was conceived at the Conference of Sovereigns and Heads of State of OPEC Member Countries, held in Algiers (Algeria) in March 1975.
OFID works in cooperation with developing country partners and the international donor community to stimulate economic growth and alleviate poverty in all disadvantaged regions of the world.
It does this by providing financing to build essential infrastructure, strengthen social services delivery and promote productivity, competitiveness, and trade.
OFID scholarships award will be awarded to four students or candidates for master’s degree studies. Applicants must be from a developing country (except OFID Member Countries), and he/she must first obtain admission to pursue a Master’s degree studies in a relevant field of development, from any recognized university/college in the world.
Through its OPEC scholarship scheme, OFID aims to help highly motivated, highly driven individuals overcome one of the biggest challenges to their careers – the cost of graduate studies.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a scholarship of up to US$50,000.
The funds will be spread over a maximum of two years, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution, starting in the autumn of the academic year 2020.
What is OFID Scholarship?
OFID’s scholarship award program provides opportunities for young, promising individuals to fulfil their potential and complete graduate studies. This year, OFID received more than 7,400 applications from aspiring academics from its partner countries.
What You Need to Know About OFID Scholarships for Developing Countries
Level/Fields of Study
The OPEC Scholarship is a Full masters scholarship open to those students who wish to pursue studies in a relevant field of Development or Energy Studies such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The OPEC Scholarship award for international students can be taken in any recognised universities of the world.
Don’t ever forget that the entire team of Academic Related have you at heart and will always provide you with latest and updated information on scholarships, study abroad programs, free online schools, etc.
The OFID Scholarship for developing countries is open to students from developing countries except for OFID member countries. You can confirm if your country is eligible to apply for this scholarship award on the scholarship webpage(link below).
Nevertheless, if your country is not among the eligible countries listed, don’t panic there are numerous international scholarships for international students to study in any country of choice.
You can check this our heavily recommended post “How to Study Abroad for Free in 2020-2021“.
The winners of the OFID Scholarship Award will receive a full-tuition scholarship of up to the US $50,000. The funds will be spread over a maximum of one year, toward the completion of a Master’s degree, or it’s equivalent, at an accredited educational institution.
OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible to apply for the OFID Masters Scholarship, applicants:
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or it’s equivalent
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2015, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country (except OFID Member Countries)
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as economics of development (poverty reduction, energy, and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
How to Apply for OPEC/OFID scholarship 2020-2021
Applicants must complete the online application.
Within the online application, applicants must upload the required documents as listed below. All materials including the online application, recommendations, and other required information must be received no later than the deadline as stated below.
OPEC-OFID Scholarship Application Guidelines
- Submission: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- Registration: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- Application Form: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- Uploading: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into a postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- Complete Application Form: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.
- A completed online application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the last university degree or certificate.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from the chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program (must not exceed one year).
- Proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship award, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at the applicant’s present university.
Curriculum Vitae (CV).
Only the winner will be notified by June 2, via OFID website at www.ofid.org.
OFID scholarship 2020 Application Deadline
Kindly note that the OPEC Fund is currently restructuring its scholarship program and will not be accepting applications in 2020. Updated information will be available in 2021.
There are other available scholarships one can apply for in 2020. Check details below.
OFID scholarship 2020 Application Portal
Visit the Scholarship Webpage for more details
Sponsors: The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
EDITOR’S RECOMMENDED POSTS
Here are some of our recommended posts you can check out alongside this content
- Aga Khan Foundation Scholarship Program 2020-2021
- Canadian Scholarships for International Students 2020-2021
- 20 Scholarships for International Adoptees 2020
- 20 Scholarships for Public Health in UK for International Students 2020
- University of Toronto Acceptance/Admission Rate 2020
- 20 Scholarships for People who have Lost a Parent 2020
- 15 Scholarships for People with Disabilities 2020
- 35+ Schools with Low Tuition Fees in Canada
If you like this article, then subscribe to our weekly scholarship update. There you will be able to receive scholarships you can apply for in 2020 and 2021.
Thanks for reading, Please share this content to your families and friends.
Check These Out
Join Our Whatsapp Group for Scholarship Updates
If you want to be getting our scholarship update, join our whatsaApp group.
How the group works
- The group is locked for only admin to be posting
- Information will be posted to the group not more than 4 times a week